On the Web:
- How Future Bitcoin Can Prevent a Future Greece - Wall St. Journal - "Bitcoin, the volatile digital currency, cannot help the Greeks of today. But it could mean a great deal to those caught up in currency crises to come."
On the Wires:
- Your Community App Powered by U.S. Bank Launches - “We are continually looking for new and innovative ways to connect with our customers through their mobile devices,” said Dominic Venturo, chief innovation officer for U.S. Bank. “Your Community also allows our business clients to make offers available to individuals near the merchants’ locations. We encourage everybody to download the app and check out all the offers and helpful financial tips.”
- NCR Small Business Launches NCR Silver Concierge Program, Continues Transition to an Added-Value Services Provider - “Small businesses have great technology at their disposal but often don’t have the luxury of spending time maximizing its potential or making sure elements such as menus are up to date,” said Chris Poelma, president, general manager of NCR Small Business. “We have launched NCR Silver Concierge with the goal of helping merchants maximize their time and technology spend in a way that delivers a quick return on investment, simplifies their businesses, and helps them make better business decisions.”
- Synchrony Financial and Newegg Introduce Two New Consumer and Business Financing Programs - “We’re excited to work with a company that shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service and a comprehensive shopping experience,” said Glenn Marino, executive vice president and CEO, Payment Solutions, Synchrony Financial. “Offering financing options to individual and business consumers will enhance that experience, providing more purchasing power and flexibility to help them get the products they want and need.”
- legeus Technologies Introduces Innovative Card-Based Reimbursement Method for Consumer Directed Healthcare Claims - "With card-based reimbursement, consumers receive their reimbursed dollars directly onto their benefit debit cards. The reimbursed funds are credited to a special ‘purse,’ linked to consumers’ existing cards. This reimbursement purse is designed to be completely unrestricted, allowing consumers to use their card to spend their reimbursed dollars anywhere, for anything."
- Payment Alliance International Offers CardFlight EMV Mobile POS - "The multi-faceted co-branded solution provides encrypted EMV-ready mobile card readers that attach to iOS and Android devices via audio jack, payment acceptance applications, a real-time reporting and administrative dashboard, and a reseller portal for easy on-boarding and portfolio management. Transactions will be processed by PAI through CardFlight’s Payment Card Industry (PCI) Level 1 compliant payment gateway."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews