Thrilled that investors and industry players are becoming increasingly interested in B2B payments.— Erin McCune (@erinmccune) October 4, 2013
On the web:
- And Then Steve Said, ‘Let There Be an iPhone’ - New York Times Magazine - "Remarkably, Jobs had to be talked into having Apple build a phone at all."
- Holy Grail of purchase data: Are we there yet? - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Using proprietary technology, card-linked marketers target ads to individuals based on their recent purchases, through their online and mobile banking statements."
- Why reports of bitcoin’s death are greatly exaggerated - CoinDesk - "The atmosphere surrounding the bitcoin world has been in a whirlwind the past few days."
- Who Is Using Alternative Financial Services and Why? - Emerging Payments Strategies - "An AFS is defined as any provider of financial services choosing to operate outside the established realm of traditional, federally insured financial services providers such as banks."
- British Regulator Plans New Rules for Payday Lenders - New York Times - "British regulators announced plans on Thursday to impose stiff new rules next year for payday lenders,..."
On the wires:
- BitPay Adds 10 Languages and 150 Currencies to its Bitcoin Checkout - "Merchants servicing international customers can now present bitcoin payment instructions in the buyer’s native language, allowing merchants to more easily conduct business in emerging markets."
- City National Bank to Introduce FIS Cardless Cash Access at ATMs - "The solution enables consumers to interact with the ATM from the privacy and security of their mobile devices, stage a transaction before stepping up to the ATM and then receive an eReceipt for the transaction on their devices, eliminating paper receipts."
- Sterling Bank Launches Prepaid Card Products - "...with prepaid cards, cardholders do not take on debt as they would with credit cards, and they are not linked to a deposit account like debit cards, meaning no overdraft fees can occur. These cards simply hold a balance of funds loaded onto the cards by the cardholders until purchases draw them down to a zero balance, at which point the cards can be reloaded with funds."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this October - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews