Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
- Swift Creates Payment Pattern Anomaly Alerts for Customers - Wall Street Journal - "Cross-border financial messaging giant Swift is rolling out an anomaly detector to help banks monitor for fraud, as it moves to address a rash of cyberbreaches at customer sites. The company said Tuesday it was developing customer alerts displaying a snapshot of a day’s activity and any unusual messaging patterns detected by Swift."
- What to expect at the Wells Fargo hearing - Boston Globe - "Details have been leaking out for years but last week the company was hit with a wrist-slapping $185 million fine and an embarrassing report showing how strangely counterproductive the whole operation was. It never helped the company make money; it just helped employees meet misguided sales targets."
- Stripe Heads for Asian Turf War - Bloomberg - "Stripe has finally marked its official arrival in Asia with the opening of a Singapore office. After expanding to two dozen countries across the globe, it makes sense for the San Francisco-based payments provider to pick Singapore as its launchpad for an assault on Southeast Asia. The city-state is already the latter's financial hub, and it plays host to numerous startups that are attempting to tackle e-commerce in neighboring countries."
- 7 Financial Firms Test Blockchain for Data Management - Coindesk - "Credit Suisse, Citi and HSBC are among seven financial firms to participate in a data management trial announced today and conducted with support from blockchain firms Axoni and R3CEV."
- Santander Vies to Become First Bank to Issue Cash on Blockchain - Coindesk - "Spanish banking giant Santander is working on a project that explores how it could digitize customer cash using the public ethereum blockchain."
- Corporate Judgment Call: When to Disclose You’ve Been Hacked - Wall Street Journal - "Companies are getting hacked more frequently but aren’t disclosing the incidents in their regulatory filings, a trend that worries investors."
ON THE WIRES
- Noventis to Deliver Faster, Cost-Effective Payments to SMBs - "PreCash Inc. officially became Noventis, Inc. today to serve new markets and deliver faster payments at a lower cost to a broad base of businesses. Fueled by record growth, an infusion of capital and growing market demand for more efficient payment delivery, Noventis will make faster, more cost-effective digital payments available to a wider number of financial services and Fintech partners that serve small to medium businesses (SMBs). Leveraging the same technology that is already in use by over 4,000 partners, Noventis is optimizing payment delivery by providing electronic access to an ever-growing network of businesses."
- Frost Bank® Joins Early Warning® clearXchange® Network - "Early Warning, the industry leader in real-time payments, authentication and risk mitigation, today confirmed San Antonio-based Frost Bank has joined Early Warning’s clearXchange network. Through the network, Frost Bank is now able to offer person-to-person (P2P) payments directly through its online and mobile banking platforms."
- Mastercard Teams Up with Stripe to Make Getting Paid Faster and Easier in Today’s Shareconomy - "Today, Mastercard and Stripe announced that Mastercard Send is speeding payments for U.S. sellers on Stripe marketplaces using the instant payouts feature from Stripe. Getting paid as a caregiver, dog walker or hairstylist just became a lot faster and more convenient. Mastercard Send is a first-of-its-kind service that enables people and businesses to send and receive funds quickly and securely."
- ACI Announces New Cloud-Based Payment Connectivity to SWIFT - "ACI Worldwide (NASDAQ: ACIW), a leading global provider of real-time electronic payment and banking solutions, today announced a partnership with SWIFT for Alliance Lite2, the cloud-based connectivity to SWIFT. Available through ACI’s global payment processing solution, Money Transfer System (MTS), ACI is offering this new cloud-based connectivity to provide faster, cheaper access to SWIFT."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City. See our fall schedule here. We hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Payment Data - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Among other positions, we're looking for an East Coast engagement manger. Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!