ON THE WEB
- North Korea Linked to Digital Attacks on Global Banks - “We’ve never seen an attack where a nation-state has gone in and stolen money,” Mr. Chien added. “This is a first.”
- Inside Adyen, the $2.3 billion start-up backed by Silicon Valley's elite - CNBC - "Adyen recently snagged a $2.3 billion valuation after an investment from Iconiq Capital - the little-known wealth management firm that manages investments for the likes of Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg, LinkedIn CEO Reid Hoffman and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey."
- Swiss banks, retailers to launch mobile payments platform for shoppers - Reuters - "Banks UBS, Credit Suisse, PostFinance , Raiffeisen and ZKB are taking part in the platform that will enable consumers to pay for everything from food and drinks to ski passes by smartphone."
ON THE WIRES
- Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council Releases Payment Application Data Security Standard Version 3.2 - "The Payment Application Data Security Standard is used by payment application vendors to ensure their software products will protect payment card data from theft. Merchants and other businesses globally use “PA-DSS Validated” software to ensure they can safely accept payments, both in-store and online."
PAYMENTS IN PORTLAND
- Join us for the next Payments in Portland (Oregon) event being held on Tuesday, June 7th. Details here!
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!