On the Web:
- Australian Banks Friend Fintech Startups - Wall St. Journal - "The nation’s relative affluence, smartphone penetration of almost 90%, its fast adoption of electronic-payment technology, and the seemingly unbreakable dominance of four highly profitable banks make it a prime target for disruption."
- When everyone on the planet has a mobile money account, things will change - Financial Services Club Blog - "When we see mobile inclusion break out of Africa to Latin America and Asiana, then we will really know that mobile financial inclusion is changing the world. For now, it’s still early days."
- Lending Club and Smaller Banks in Unlikely Partnership - Wall St. Journal - "The broader partnership was put together and overseen by BancAlliance, an industry cooperative group based in Maryland that develops products for the small banks by banding together and giving them a scale they wouldn’t have alone."
- Tango Card And Snapcard Partner To Bring Bitcoin To Rewards Programs - "Through the Tango Card and Snapcard partnership, people can now receive bitcoin for walking 10,000 steps in a corporate wellness program, or by trading in any loyalty rewards."
On the Wires:
- Coming Soon!
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews