On the Web:
- Starbucks Mobile Order & Pay Expands to 3,400 Additional U.S. Stores - Starbucks Blog - "Starbucks Mobile Order & Pay, which began as a pilot in Portland in December 2014 and launched in the Pacific Northwest in March 2015, is expanding to stores in 21 more states in the southern and central United States today."
- Square Will Name Earvin “Magic” Johnson to Board of Directors - Square News - “I am ready to get to work as a member of Square’s Board of Directors so that any business, in any community, can compete and win,” said Johnson.
- Exclusive: Blackstone, Carlyle in $10 billion-plus bid for NCR - Reuters - "Blackstone and Carlyle, the world's two largest private equity firms, have joined forces to outbid other buyout firms and acquire Duluth, Georgia-based NCR, which manufactures cash registers and ATMs."
- Banks Feel Pinch From Declining Overdraft Fees - "Overdraft charges have been on the downswing for a few years, but new data suggest they are declining at a more rapid pace."
On the Wires:
- Coming Soon!
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews