ON THE WEB
- Amazon’s Ingenious Plot to Take Over Your Living Room - Slate Moneybox Blog - "Together, the announcements make it clear that Amazon views Alexa as more than just a nifty way to control your speakers and TV. Rather, the company sees an opportunity to make Alexa a sort of voice-powered command center for your household—a gateway to all your connected devices."
- 21 Inc’s Bitcoin Vision Becomes Clearer With Announcement of Ping21 - Bitcoin Magazine - "Ping21 essentially takes advantage of 21’s network of devices to process various requests in exchange for Bitcoin. This first service offered by the network allows web developers to see whether a specific device or server is online or experiencing connectivity issues."
ON THE WIRES
- D+H and The Clearing House Partner to Provide Real-Time Payments - "We are excited to work with D+H, which has extensive experience in connecting its customers with faster payment products," says Steve Ledford, SVP of Product and Strategy at The Clearing House. "D+H is a leader in the payments industry with a vast network of financial institution clients, so this partnership is an important milestone as we work toward delivering a ubiquitous real-time payment system."
- P2P Payments: over 300,000 Users for “Jiffy” - "23 bank groups, of which 4 since the beginning of 2016, have subscribed to SIA’s “Person to Person” (P2P) payments service since its launch on the Italian market."
- Lucova Brings Mobile Order & Pay to Campuses Across North America - "Lucova Inc. has partnered with major food service providers in the market, to help campuses across North America deliver a mobile friendly dining experience for students. Through Lucova Campus, a Bluetooth powered mobile application and marketing platform, specifically designed for the higher education segment, students benefit from speed, convenience and personalization all under one solution."
- Oberthur Technologies Consumer Research Shows 80% Want Dynamic Security Code Protection to Fight Online Fraud - "The static printed code (CVV) is replaced by a mini-screen that displays an automatically refreshed code generated by an algorithm (dynamic CVV) every hour and does not add any steps to an online purchase. If the card data is stolen, it becomes useless within the next hour."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!