On the Web:
- South Florida bank is first from the US to sign banking relationship in Cuba - "Stonegate Bank, which earlier this year became the Cuban government’s bank for its diplomatic mission in the United States, signed a deal with Cuba’s Banco Internacional de Comercio SA on Tuesday..."
- How Much Is European Card Fraud Rising? - FICO Blog - "Still, even CNP is hardly running unchecked. In the UK, for instance, ecommerce spending in the UK more than doubled between 2008 and 2014, but CNP fraud losses grew just 1 percent in that time."
- The History of the Credit Card [Infographic] - Financial Services Club Blog - "Bearing in mind that credit cards are about to disappear as mobile wallets take over, I thought it would be nice to share this infographic of the history of the credit card."
On the Wires:
- Starbucks Creates First-of-its-Kind Digital News Experience with The New York Times - “This expanded relationship with The New York Times allows us to directly engage our most loyal customers with the latest and most relevant news of the day,” added Kevin Johnson, president and coo of Starbucks. “Through these types of relationships, we are well on our journey to provide our most loyal customers with the opportunity to earn Stars everywhere and redeem them for food and beverages in Starbucks stores.”
- USAA and Nuance Create Financial Literacy Virtual Assistant to Help Millennials Break Negative Savings Rate - "Savings Coach is one of the first proactive virtual assistants for banking, designed especially to help millennials save money. The app – available to all USAA members – enables users to track when they skip a purchase, like buying a coffee, and moves the money they would have spent on the purchase from their checking account to a savings account. Members are rewarded through points, badges and new levels within the app."
- Oberthur Technologies and Etisalat Group Sign a New Strategic Partnership on M2M and IoT Services - "Following an intensive evaluation process, Etisalat has selected OT’s M-Sense solution which consists of a rich set of horizontal capabilities for both application enablement and device management. M-Sense allows the secure collection and management of various data from any M2M device over any network and their control in real time."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews