On the Web:
- Is regulation holding back financial inclusion? A look at the evidence - GSMA Mobile Money for the Unbanked Blog - "Enabling digital payments and transfers is the first step to creating universal access to a broad range of financial services and improving the stability and integrity of the financial system, thus fostering socio-economic empowerment of individuals and communities."
- Bitcoin: will 2015 be a make-or-break year? - The Guardian - "Even those convinced of the potential bitcoin holds do not deny that it has its work cut out. It will take major strides to change the minds of skeptics."
- YellowPepper’s Mobile Wallet For LatAm Draws Another $19M From LIV Capital And Others - TechCrunch - "The Yepex wallet is an Android and iOS-based wallet where the users can store all their different debit and credit cards and start purchasing without giving away sensitive information (such as PAN, expiration date, CVV), but can instead transact with a unique token that can either be communicated to the merchant manually or via HCE or QR codes."
- Jeff Bezos-backed startup Remitly now offers money transfers to India - GeekWire - "Remitly’s platform now includes a network of more than 120 banks and their branches in India, as users can make instant direct deposits at select banks like ICICI and PNB, and four-hour deposits to most others."
- NeuCoin Is A Bitcoin Alternative Designed For Microtransactions - TechCrunch - "NeuCoin is both a startup based in Paris and a new currency. It raised $2.25 million from dozens of business angels and signed partnerships with a few content distribution websites."
- Alibaba and Lending Club to Form Financing Partnership - New York Times - "The companies behind two of the hottest stock market debuts of 2014, Lending Club and the Alibaba Group, are teaming up — to help American companies buy parts from Chinese manufacturers."
On the Wires:
- Digital River Expands Relationship with American Express to Enhance Payment Services in Mexico - “We know from experience managing more than $30 billion in annual online transactions that consumers are more apt to buy when convenient and familiar payment options are available to them,” said Souheil Badran, Digital River’s senior vice president and general manager of Digital River World Payments. “Adding these services in Mexico will help us further expand our existing relationship with American Express and strengthen our international payments offering.”
- Jumio Unveils New ID Scan Image Capturing Technology in Latest Version of Netverify - "The new release features a brand new ID image capturing technology, which allows users to position their ID any which way within their camera view. This enhanced template matching capability automatically detects the ID edges, rotates, and accurately crops it in the frame, regardless of the angle at which the user is holding the ID."
- PEX Visa Prepaid Card and Tallie Launch Integrated Expense Management Solution - “The core value proposition of the PEX Visa Prepaid Card service is that it eases the burden companies place on their employees and accounting departments to cover expense outlays,” said Chris Farrell, CEO of Tallie. “PEX Card allows companies to issue prepaid corporate cards to all employees without the same risks of issuing traditional corporate cards or the accounting labor associated with cash advances."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews