On the Web:
- Americans Pull Back on Credit-Card Debt in February - Wall St. Journal - "Americans pared down their credit-card balances in February, the latest sign consumers are spending cautiously to start the year."
- Square Brings Accountability To Email Marketing - TechCrunch - "Square is in the process of building up a series of products and services that use its payments platform as a foundation. The latest, launching today, is an email marketing tool gives physical businesses the same advantages of online stores."
- Opening Statement to the Senate Economics References Committee Inquiry into Digital Currency - Reserve Bank of Australia - "The Reserve Bank has taken an interest in digital currencies and monitors developments in this area. Digital currencies represent an interesting development in the payments and financial system landscape. The concept of a decentralised ledger is an innovation with potentially broad applications for a modern economy."
- Shell provides mobile payments service at petrol stations - L’Atelier - "Shell is bidding to improve the customer experience from this month in the UK, by letting motorists pay for their petrol using a PayPal app on their smartphones."
On the Wires:
- Early Warning to Acquire Authentify - "With Early Warning’s announced acquisition of Authentify and its 2013 equity investment and exclusive agreement with Payfone, the company has created a differentiated digital channels authentication solution suite that augments its identity and payments solutions."
- Square: Introducing Powerful Online Marketing Tools for the Offline World - "... today we’re releasing a suite of powerful Customer Engagement tools uniquely suited for local businesses. Because you run your business with Square Register, these tools link your online marketing efforts to sales in the real world. With these tools comes Square Marketing, an easy and effective way to drive valuable foot traffic to your store."
- Vouch Launches the First Social Network for Credit - "Led by a team of PayPal alumni and former banking executives, Vouch is on a mission to lower costs and increase access to financial power. The company allows anyone to bank on the trust they have already developed amongst their family, friends and colleagues to proactively build credit before they need it."
- Jumio’s Netverify Speeds Up Account Verification Processes by Over 80 Per Cent for Optimal Payments’ NETELLER - Commenting on the deal Lorenzo Pellegrino, executive vice president of NETELLER, Optimal Payments said, “Our account verification process is now 80 per cent quicker, making it faster and easier for customers to pay online. Over three quarters of our account upgrades are now automatically processed through Jumio, saving hours of manual review time by our staff and benefiting our bottom line.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments. On May 19-20, we will be holding a Payments Boot Camp in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews