On the Web:
- The Satoshi Paradox - Reuters (Felix Salmon) - "But the fact is that if you believe that Dorian is Satoshi, you have to accept that there are still a lot of things which don’t really add up."
- Lisa Falzone of Revel Systems on the Thrill of Entrepreneurship - New York Times - "It took me a good three years of trying things — marketing, sales, big companies, small companies, finance. I looked into starting a dozen different businesses before I started Revel."
- Bitcoin: Some Parts Brilliant, Some Parts Sure to Bomb - Re/code.net (Denée Carrington) - "Bitcoin is deeply flawed as an alternative currency or payment method for mainstream consumers. It will, however, be a catalyst for a more efficient global payments system..."
- We Are All Bitcoin - Bitcoin Foundation Blog (Jeff Garzik) - "The Bitcoin protocol would not exist without Satoshi, who is without question a brilliant designer. However, Bitcoin will endure well past Satoshi, as Bitcoin is everyone who uses it, not just one person."
- “Real” Satoshi Claims He Is Not Dorian Nakamoto - TechCrunch - "Meanwhile, an individual claiming to be the real Satoshi Nakamoto said the Newsweek story was wrong in a brief post on the P2P Foundation‘s Ning page..."
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more - NFC World - ""The EMVCo Payment Tokenization Framework will be technology agnostic, whether it's contactless, Bluetooth LE or QR codes..."
On the Wires:
- MBTA Makes the Switch to PayByPhone (for parking) - "PayByPhone’s smartphone app and dial-in service eliminates the need to stop and insert cash or coins at the payment (honor) boxes for daily parking. Commuter Rail customers no longer need to worry about having single dollar bills or rushing to pay before their train or ferry departs."
- Union Pay - The Season Has Arrived! Introducing Notable Sites and Highlights for Cherry Blossoms in Japan - UnionPay International has launched a UnionPay Hotel Campaign (http://www.shopping-guide.co.jp/) with a special feature that offers a 1,000-yen discount to those who use the UnionPay card to pay for accommodations (minimum total of 10,000 yen) at any of the approximately 100 tie-up hotels around the country.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York; May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews