On the Web:
- Barclays Fires Chief Executive Antony Jenkins - Wall St. Journal - "Barclays said its nonexecutive directors wanted a new leader to change the bank’s strategy more quickly, and that Chairman John McFarlane would serve as executive chairman until a replacement is found."
- Monitise suffers fresh blow with Visa Europe to sell its stake - Financial Times - "On Wednesday, Monitise said it had been informed by Visa Europe of its intention to reduce its shareholding “over time” but added that the two companies will continue to work together..."
- American Express slides Touch ID, fraud alerts into app redesign - Mobile Commerce Daily - "The credit card company is hoping to foster deeper relationships with card holders by enabling them to better understand the rewards, benefits and security features that mobile offers."
- JPMorgan to pay over $125 million to settle U.S. credit card debt probes - Reuters - "JPMorgan Chase & Co has agreed to pay at least $125 million to settle probes by U.S. state and federal authorities that the bank sought to improperly collect and sell consumer credit card debt, according to people familiar with the matter."
On the Wires:
- Digital River Teams up with Global Mass Payments Provider Payoneer - "We’re excited about working with Digital River to help meet the growing demands of their merchants. Payoneer’s all-in-one mass payout services are an exciting complement for Digital River merchants challenged with the complexities of global payouts,” said Scott Galit, Payoneer’s CEO. “Payoneer is fully committed to helping Digital River clients capitalize on international market opportunities by enabling them to pay globally as easily as they do locally.”
- Capital One Teams with Vantiv to Enhance Payment Processing Solutions for Merchant Services Customers - "Capital One is committed to providing the most innovative technologies to our business customers," said Colleen Taylor, executive vice president, head of Treasury Management and Enterprise Payments, Capital One Bank. "By partnering with Vantiv, our clients will now benefit from Vantiv's industry-leading payment tools and services, which are designed to help them focus on what they do best - running and growing their businesses."
- Ink from Chase Unveils New Design and Enhanced Features of Mobile Application - “The new Ink app was designed with one goal in mind: to simplify backend office management for small business owners so they can focus on their business,” said Laura Miller, President, Business Card at Chase. “By giving small business owners the ability to easily, quickly and more efficiently manage their finances and the financial activity of their employees, they have more time to focus on their passion and grow their small business.”
- U.S. Bank Selects Biller Advantage from Fiserv to Enable Business Customers to Send e-Bills, Accept e-Payments - “Consumers are looking for ways to simplify their finances and streamline their bill payment process. Our business customers want to meet this demand and offer consumers the best and most user-friendly billing and payment options,” said Sam Robb, senior vice president, U.S. Bank. “Biller Advantage from Fiserv will allow us to offer a multichannel EBPP solution to our business customers – a new offering that will allow them to more efficiently send bills and quickly accept payments."
- IDEX Enters into a Strategic Worldwide Biometric Card Partnership with a Global Payments Company - Dr. Hemant Mardia, CEO of IDEX stated, “We are very pleased to have been selected for this global company biometric card initiative enabled by our compelling low cost, turnkey fingerprint sensor solutions. The program will commence development during 2015. This partnership is expected to enable IDEX to secure a leading position in this emerging mass market for fingerprint sensor based biometric cards.”
- Adyen Mobile Payments Index reveals 36% of global mobile payments are now on iPhone - “The continued rise in popularity of the iPhone for making online purchases, coupled with the higher ATV from shoppers using iOS, suggest that businesses – especially those that classify themselves as premium brands – should target this valuable demographic in particular,” said Roelant Prins, Chief Commercial Officer, Adyen. “Apple Pay, as it becomes available in more markets, represents a great opportunity for businesses to fulfil this as it enables them to deliver a seamless payment experience to iOS users.”
- Fostering Innovation and Growth in Smart Card Programs –- Entrust Datacard Continues to Help Expand EMV Instant Issuance Market Adoption - "Entrust Datacard today announced that financial institutions have instantly issued over 2.1 million chip cards globally in 2015 utilizing Datacard® instant issuance hardware and associated software. That number is projected to grow as more financial organizations adopt the technology – especially within the U.S. where EMV migration is rapidly accelerating."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews