What I'm Reading
- This weekend your editor will be reading a book recommended by one of our readers (Joel F.): Revolutionary Summer: The Birth of American Independence by Joseph J. Ellis.
- A distinctive portrait of the crescendo moment in American history from the Pulitzer-winning American historian, Joseph Ellis. From Amazon's review: "Reading Revolutionary Summer is like receiving a distinguished lecture from a man who has dedicated many fruitful decades to breathing life into our understanding of history—he makes Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and others of the era come alive for the reader."
- How about you? What are you reading? Drop me a quick note and tell me about it: email@example.com
On the Web
- Apple is making a grab for Venmo’s turf and might use iMessage to do it - Quartz - "One way Apple might add money transfer services to iOS is through iMessage, the proprietary messaging service, according to people who have discussed the program with Apple."
- Apple Pay: Apple's secret weapon for emerging economies - Computerworld - "Apple has an opportunity to make a positive difference. I don’t think it will refuse it."
- Cryptography Pioneer Nick Szabo Touts Blockchain Tech’s Security - CoinDesk - "Smart contracts pioneer Nick Szabo has lauded the security benefits of decentralised monetary systems built using blockchain technology."
On the Wires
- In a Galaxy Not So Far, Far Away...Exclusive Star WarsTM Imperial Meet 'N' Greet Locations for Chase Disney Visa® Credit Cardmembers - “With excitement at an all-time high for the next chapter in the Star Wars saga, we are delighted to unveil this new experience for our Cardmembers,” said B.J. Mahoney, general manager, Chase Card Services. “This immersive experience will delight fans and continues our efforts to bring the magic and wonder of Star Wars to Cardmembers.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!