On the web:
- Host Card Emulation: Nfc’s Tale of Redemption - "The Android team deserves much credit for enabling support for Host Card Emulation in KitKat."
- eBay president John Donahoe: PayPal may accept bitcoin in the future - CoinDesk - "The president of eBay has revealed that his company is preparing to expand the range of digital currencies it accepts."
- Woburn start-up turns your phone into a wallet - Boston Globe - "Over the past few months, as Graylin has been testing a new mobile electronic payment gadget made by his Woburn start-up, LoopPay Inc., he’s wowed waitresses, shop clerks, and baristas."
- Google Wallet makes gains against Passbook in mobile loyalty - Mobile Marketer - "While Passbook may have seemed to be the clear winner up until now, Google Wallet is raising some buzz, with a few marketers choosing the latter over the former."
- Citi launches NFC mobile wallet collaboration with 3 Hong Kong - Banking Technology - "Citibank and mobile operator 3 Hong Kong have co-launched an NFC mobile wallet in the form of a sticker."
- Adopting Mobile Payments in East Africa - the Future Is Here - SIP Trunking Report - "Mobile money is filling the gap by providing financial services via mobile phone transfers, from simple person-to-person transfers to more complex banking services."
On the wires:
- Onyx Payments Debuts in Hospitality Financial Services Sector - "Dallas-based Onyx Payments specializes in financial solutions for more than 40,000 hotels and 60,000 travel distributors worldwide."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami, Nov 4-7, 2013.
- Glenbrook's Jacqueline Chilton will be speaking social media and payments at the W.net Northern California LINC Networking event being held November 14 at Google.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews