On the web:
- We can’t make good coffee, but we can simplify payments - VeriFone Blog - "By leveraging many of the same technologies that helped to catalyze payment innovation, combined with forward-looking products that simplify the complexity inherent in payments, VeriFone is changing the model by which its customer and partners leverage new technology while easing the burden of adoption and deployment."
- Mobile Chat Has a Place in Every Banking App - American Banker BankThink (Simon Zhen) - "Mobile chat, which is essentially text messaging with a bank associate, is less formal than an email and less time-consuming than a phone call."
- Tune In to TMG’s New Podcast: The Future of Payments - TMG Blog - "As new competitors and new technology permeate the payments industry, financial institutions (FIs) must look for solutions to keep their brands relevant and attractive to consumers."
On the wires:
- Clutch Closes $5.3M Series B Financing Led by Safeguard Scientifics; Acquires Leading Loyalty Platform - "In addition to the funding, the company also announced that it has acquired ProfitPoint, a leading supplier of loyalty and gift programs."
- Mercury Introduces MercuryActivate to Drive Merchant Enrollment Online - "The new MercuryActivate solution will provide an innovative API for point-of-sale system developers to capture merchant enrollments online for Mercury payment processing."
- Western Union Continues to Expand in Mobile Sector; Collaborates with eTranzact to Offer Mobile Money Transfer Services to Nigeria - "Consumers in Nigeria who use the eTranzact Mobile Money platform now have the option of receiving a Western Union Money Transfer® transaction on their mobile phones."
- Capital One and Neiman Marcus Announce Extended Contract for Private Label Credit Card - “Neiman Marcus is pleased to partner with a company that shares our commitment to exceptional customer service,” said Jim Skinner, COO and CFO of Neiman Marcus, Inc.
- MasterCard and Justin Timberlake Announce Intimate Priceless Miami Performance at The Fillmore Miami Beach - "The partnership brings together MasterCard’s expertise in delivering Priceless experiences and driving commerce with Timberlake’s global influence in music and entertainment for the benefit of fans and cardholders."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews