Dilbert "Bertcoin" - http://t.co/DBXcImjYPD— Ross Robinson (@RossRobinson) July 22, 2013
On the web:
- Crypto flaw makes millions of smartphones susceptible to hijacking - Ars Technica - "The vulnerabilities reside in at least 500 million subscriber identity module (SIM) cards, which are the tiny computers that store some of a smartphone's most crucial cryptographic secrets."
- Physical credit cards are dying, says PayPal - The Australian - "In my perfect view of the world that’s how it looks (and) not only will you not need a card, you won’t need a wallet..."
- PayPal to let Australians use their digital wallets in real-world cafes - News.com.au - "We realised about a year ago with that digital wallet, for it to truly be essential to consumers lives, we need to give them access to it in their everyday life..."
- How Euclid transforms retail decision-making - Euclid Elements blog - "Euclid sprung from the idea of using modern Wi-Fi technology to solve the age-old problem of improving brick-and-mortar retail performance. Just as online retailers rely on data-driven tools like Google Analytics to operate more efficiently, Euclid arms offline retailers with answers and insights..."
- Kenya’s First Electronics Superstore signs on to Lipa Na M-PESA - Kopo Kopo Blog - "You can now Lipa na M-PESA at Bj’s Store, so leave your wallet behind and get shopping!"
- SIM Cards Have Finally Been Hacked, And The Flaw Could Affect Millions Of Phones - Forbes - "German cryptographer Karsten Nohl claims to have finally found encryption and software flaws that could affect millions of SIM cards, and open up another route on mobile phones for surveillance and fraud."
- Picking Yelp’s Future Payments Partner - Pymnts.com (Karen Webster) - "I have no inside knowledge of any of this, just thought it would be fun to think about a few of the payments summer romances that could turn into serious relationships down the road."
- Best Practice for Retailer-led Wallets - Finextra (Jordan McKee) - "As retailers become increasingly enamored by the concept of mobile payments, they must understand that wallets should be about their shoppers."
- The World's Biggest Data Breaches, Visualized - Gizmodo - "This data visualization shows the world's biggest data breaches to date, and how they compare over time."
On the wires:
- The Capital One Venture Card Helps Americans Explore the World - "With double miles on every purchase and the flexibility to use those miles for any travel expense, the Venture Card can help people start checking off their bucket list destinations even faster."
- Allpoint Expands Discover's Growing Network of Surcharge-Free ATMs - "Ready to serve Discover cardmembers at many of America's best-known retailers, Allpoint Network's surcharge-free ATMs are conveniently located coast-to-coast, in destination retail outlets including major discount retailers, as well as convenience, grocery and pharmacy stores—places that are already part of people's daily routines."
- Citi Expands Global Commercial Card Platform into Turkey - "Our launch in Turkey is the latest phase in Citi’s mission to deliver significant incremental value to our clients’ card programmes."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- We've redesigned our web site - be sure to check out the fresh new look at glenbrook.com!
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -
- Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews