ON THE WEB
- Facebook Messenger can now be your boarding pass on KLM flights - The Verge - "KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is now giving passengers the option to receive flight updates through Messenger. If they agree while booking a ticket, KLM will then start up a chat thread, where it'll send booking confirmation, flight status, and any scheduling changes..."
- MIT Digital Currency Initiative - AVC (Fred Wilson) - "Entrepreneurs and investors are doing a lot to move the state of the blockchain technology sector forward, but there is a big role to be played by the world of academia. And MIT is certainly doing its part."
- Swiss banks, retailers explore joint mobile payments platform - Reuters - "Switzerland's five biggest banks are discussing with top retailers a joint mobile payments platform for the country, the partners said on Wednesday."
- Wipro appoints top PayPal executive Patrick Dupuis as independent director to its board - Economic Times - "Dupuis, whose appointment is effective from April 1, currently serves heads simplicity, quality and productivity for payments giant PayPal ..."
ON THE WIRES
- Introducing Build with Square: Developing New Ways to Sell with Square - "Build with Square is a collection of APIs available to our sellers and the developers they work with today. With our Register API, any iOS point of sale can be customized to process payments with Square."
- Federal Reserve survey provides information on mobile financial services - "Mobile banking use continued to rise last year as smartphone adoption grew and consumers were increasingly drawn to the convenience of mobile financial services, according to a Federal Reserve Board report, Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2016, released on Wednesday."
- Recurly Teams Up with Kount to Help Subscription-Based Merchants Combat Fraud - "Our cloud-based platform is ideally suited to help merchants protect their business from cybercriminals, a mission that requires constant vigilance in an ever-evolving threat landscape," said Brad Wiskirchen, chief executive officer, Kount. "We are excited to work with the team at Recurly to tailor a fraud solution that is unique to the specific business needs of subscription-based merchants."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!