On the web:
- Starbucks: Mobile payments now 10% of all U.S. transactions - Fierce Mobile Content - "Mobile payments now account for more than 10 percent of all transactions across Starbucks stores nationwide, the coffeehouse chain said Tuesday."
- Retailers to Forge Uber-Like Mobile Payment Pacts, Collison Says - Bloomberg BusinessWeek - "Mobile payments companies and retailers will forge more partnerships where they retain customer identities, making it unnecessary to re-enter credit-card information..."
- iZettle Takes Its Mobile Payment Service To Mexico, Its First Market Outside Of Europe, And One Step Closer To Square - TechCrunch - "De Geer notes that 95% of cards in Mexico are chip-based. That, in fact, may be one reason why Square, whose dongle reads the magnetic stripe for transactions, may have yet to make a move here."
- Voicekey unveils biometric iPhone app - Finextra - "Voicekey has already launched an iPhone app, called OpenSezMe..."
- Mobile Money Maths - Mobile Money Asia - "Creating a viable mobile money service is fundamentally a question of marketing (driving appropriate use cases tapping into clear customer pain points) and distribution (creating a sufficiently dense, liquid agent network)."
- Indian firm enters Nigeria's mobile money sector - Economic Times (India) - "Nigeria's central bank has been campaigning for a cashless economy whereby citizens can use electronic means to transfer funds and make payments."
On the wires:
- MasterCard Announces Leadership Changes in its Latin America and Caribbean Region - "MasterCard announced today the appointment of Gilberto Caldart as president of its Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) business…"
- Portico Private Residence Collection to Provide Special Membership Benefits to MasterCard Cardholders - "MasterCard and pioneering vacation brand Portico™ today joined to provide MasterCard cardholders with access to unique vacation home experiences beyond traditional hotels and resorts…"
- ACI Worldwide Survey: EMV Will Accelerate Adoption of Mobile Technologies, Industry Monitoring Mobile Wallet Adoption - "According to the survey, nearly half of all respondents (49 percent) believed the U.S. migration to EMV will result in consumers turning away from card-based transaction in lieu of mobile payments."
- MasterCard and Western Union Launch Dedicated International Payments Service for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses - "We view the introduction of this service to American small-business owners as the first of several opportunities across the globe to support this segment’s money-transfer needs..."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -