On the Web:
- Google taps WePay to put Wallet support in 200K more online stores - VentureBeat - “This integration with WePay will now expand its reach and allow us to support small business owners through WePay’s hosted payment offering, making it easier for them to accept payments online and on mobile devices,” says Steve Klebe, Business Development, Payments for Google.
- Coinbase Launches First Regulated Bitcoin Exchange in the U.S. - Coinable Blog - "Coinbase Exchange provides a reliable and secure platform for bitcoin trading that is backed by investors such as the New York Stock Exchange."
- First U.S. Bitcoin Exchange Set to Open - Wall St. Journal - "Coinbase Inc., a startup backed by $106 million from the New York Stock Exchange, banks and venture-capital firms, said its exchange will offer greater security for individuals and institutions to trade bitcoin and monitor real-time pricing of the cryptocurrency."
- Stripe Partners With Intuit To Help On-Demand Workers Keep Track Of Their Finances - "Through the partnership, people who work for on-demand platforms that make their payments through Stripe will be able to easily connect with Intuit’s new QuickBooks Online Self-Employed software."
- Increasing the GDP of the Internet - MIT Technology Review - "In an interview with MIT Technology Review’s San Francisco bureau chief, Tom Simonite, in the cafeteria at his company’s headquarters in the Mission district of San Francisco, CEO and cofounder Patrick Collison explains how he is trying to increase the small fraction of spending that takes place through e-commerce."
- Inroads Made by Apple Pay Propel ‘Mobile Wallet’ Idea - Wall St. Journal - "Apple Inc. ’s payments service, now three months old, is making progress toward a goal that has eluded other mobile wallets: persuading people to use it."
On the Wires:
- NACHA Statement on Federal Reserve’s Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System - "NACHA applauds the Federal Reserve for its leadership role in developing Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System and shares much of its vision for the future of payments. In fact, the Federal Reserve’s plan complements NACHA’s 2012 ACH Blueprint, which is designed to serve as a guidepost for the evolution of the ACH Network over the next decade."
- Announcing Google Wallet for WePay - "By teaming up with Google, WePay is the first payment company of its kind to enable partners and their end-users to support Google Wallet without having to spend the time and effort to integrate with Google themselves."
- Intuit’s QuickBooks Online Self-Employed Integrates with Stripe, Simplifying Tax Reporting for On-demand Economy Workers - "The integration between QuickBooks Online Self-Employed and Stripe enables on-demand marketplaces to provide a tremendous and free benefit to their independent contractors to help ease this tax complexity,” said Alex Chriss, vice president and general manager of Self-Employed Solutions at Intuit.
- MasterCard Brings Contactless Payment to the PGA TOUR® - "MasterCard cardholders who use Apple Pay at supported course concessions during the Waste Management Phoenix Open – which begins Thursday, January 29th on The Golf Channel – may also get a Priceless Surprise!"
- ACI Worldwide Drives 30 Percent Increase in Customer Engagement by Revolutionizing the Bill Pay Experience - “As one of the first organizations to offer the next wave of bill payment technologies, we are driving profitable customer relationships,” said Andrew Cree, eBill Strategy Lead, Chatham County, GA. “Our newly launched eBill has changed the behavior of our citizens, who can now act on interactive messages embedded in their bill.”
- NCR Silver Offers Small Businesses More Payment Options - “With the new integration, accepting bitcoin is as easy as running a credit card transaction,” said Cloud99 Vapes Co-owner Robert Testagrossa. “With our previous POS, we were using a hybrid system. It was inelegant and cumbersome. With NCR Silver, it’s completely seamless.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews