On the Web:
- SATOSHI'S REVOLUTION: How The Creator Of Bitcoin May Have Stumbled Onto Something Much, Much Bigger - Business Insider - ""For the first time, two people can exchange a piece of digital property, without any prior relationship, and in a secure way, over the Internet," Jeff Garzik, one of Bitcoin's core developers..."
- Africa’s Tech Edge - The Atlantic - "How the continent's many obstacles, from widespread poverty to failed states, allowed African entrepreneurs to beat the West at reinventing money for the mobile age..."
- It's Time for the Industry to Embrace Phased-In, Same-Day ACH - American Banker BankThink (Pat Thelen) - "As an industry, we're at a crossroads on whether to evolve or be left behind. If we choose not to evolve, we risk becoming irrelevant."
- Beyond their breach - BillGuard Blog - "At this point, we might as well walk around with our credit card numbers plastered on our foreheads."
- The Mobile Security Journey at Wells Fargo - Bank Systems & Technology - "With mobile adoption growing so fast and providing a constant touchpoint with customers (Wells’ mobile customers log in an average of 13 times each day), embedding security, without hurting the customer experience, is a top priority for the bank, Ajami shares."
On the Wires:
- IDC Financial Insights Unveils Results from 2014 Consumer Payments Survey - "After several years of growth, the market for 'alternative' payment methods is now entering a period where adoption gains may come more slowly and where simply providing an alternative isn't enough. Instead, providers need to offer products that add value beyond the payment," said James Wester, practice director for Worldwide Payment Strategies and the author of the report.
- Domino's Pizza® Now Accepting Payment via Google Wallet - "Google Wallet is a great technology that allows customers even more flexibility and convenience when it comes to paying for their Domino's orders."
- Digital River Extends Its SMB Payments Solution to U.K. Merchants - "The solution offers small and medium enterprises, commerce providers, systems integrators and developers turn-key access to credit card processing capabilities for Visa, MasterCard and Maestro cards in Euros and Pound Sterling."
- 2Checkout Appoints Shawn Budde as CEO - "Mr. Budde has more than 25 years of experience in the finance industry including executive roles at Citibank and Capital One; data analytics experience at Sears Holdings; and as co-founder and President at ZestFinance, a VC-backed technology company."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews