On the web:
- Durbin, Welch Urge Fed To Adopt Debit Caps That Look More Like the EU Proposal - Digital Transactions - "Two powerful lawmakers on Friday wrote to the chairman of the Federal Reserve Board urging the central bank to scrap its debit card interchange caps and instead adopt limits in line with the more draconian regime proposed this week by the European Commission." - A copy of the letter is available from Durbin's web site. Note that the letter was sent on July 26 - before this week's US District Court decision that ruled against the Fed for its handling of debit card interchange fees.
- Apple Acquires Low-Energy Chipmaker Passif, Could Boost Passive Communication Efforts - TechCrunch - "The company works on communication chips that practically sip power, and offer up radio communication using tech like Bluetooth Low Energy..."
On the wires:
- Higher One Enhances Student Experience with Acquisition of PayDivvy’s Social Bill Pay Software - "The software provides a more effective way for college students to make person-to-person payments and manage the payment of bills with roommates or other groups."
- Thoma Bravo Completes Acquisition of Intuit Financial Services; Newly Launched as Digital Insight - "Digital Insight, headquartered in Menlo Park, Calif., provides an integrated digital banking platform for 11 million users, widely recognized as one of the best in the market."
- FleetCor Extends Shell Relationship - "We are excited to add the US to the growing list of countries where we support Shell's Global Commercial Fleet line of business..."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Be sure to take our new Payments and Bitcoin survey asking what you think about Bitcoin in particular and math-based currencies in general!
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th is SOLD OUT! We're also leading a half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -
- Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews