On the Web:
- Payments Businesses Are Damn Hard: The Cover App Edition - Re/code.net - "Cover’s fate underscores how hard it is to build sustainable payment-processing businesses without enormous transaction volume, and why even much bigger payments startups such as Square and Stripe are diversifying their product offerings..."
- Visa, Samsung look toward more connected form factors for digital payments future - ZDNet - "The Visa executive speculated we'll see the payment platform weaved into wearable devices, even possibly sensors embedded on clothing among other consumer goods."
- Breaking down the Dwolla network to its core. - Medium (Ben Milne) - "Dwolla, as a network… has no money. It’s not a bank. Dwolla does not hold money. The Dwolla network talks to banks on behalf of members of the network."
- 6 Ways to Earn Bitcoin - CoinBase Blog - "There’s a growing number of services that allow people around the world to earn bitcoin. Here’s a few of our favorites:..."
On the Wires:
- MasterCard Transforms Aid Distribution - "MasterCard today launched the MasterCard Aid Network, an end-to-end, non-financial service designed to streamline aid distribution even in the absence of telecommunications infrastructure. Now, impacted populations can secure basic needs swiftly with the simple dip of a card."
- Prosper Marketplace to Acquire Leading Personal Finance Company BillGuard - “Both BillGuard and Prosper Marketplace are focused on empowering consumers to be financially secure, smart and successful,” said Yaron Samid, co-founder and CEO of BillGuard. “Joining forces means that BillGuard can continue to innovate while contributing to the evolution of Prosper Marketplace as a full-service financial management company.”
- Wells Fargo: Text and Email Alerts to Customers Exceed Half a Billion This Year - “Customers feel good when they have timely information that lets them know where they stand when it comes to their finances,” said Brett Pitts, head of digital for Wells Fargo Virtual Channels. “Email and text alerts offer just that, allowing them to make decisions that can save them money and make their banking easier.”
- Seamless Launches Tomorrow’s Digital Cash Register – Free Cash Register Included in SEQR That Eliminates the Need for Physical Card Readers - "Seamless is launching a digital cash register for the company’s SEQR payment solution. All SEQR users will now have access to the digital cash register, which becomes a standard feature of the SEQR app. The solution enables small enterprises and private individuals to receive payment without the need for a physical card reader or incurring high transaction costs."
- PowaPOS Expands Global Footprint Through Partnership with Canadian Leader CT-Payment - “By integrating CT-Payment into our SDK, our companies have removed the burden from the ISV and ISO of becoming payments experts, and provided them with a value-added service they can use to get their merchants to market faster,” said Jeff Dumbrell, CEO, PowaPOS. “And, with CT-Payment’s Interac certification, we both dramatically simplify the transition to tablet POS that Canadian merchants are seeking; while also ensuring that the most advanced, secure payment processing is available.”
- TSYS Signs Payments Agreement with Premier Bank - "TSYS (NYSE: TSS) announced today that The Premier Bank Limited, a leading commercial bank in Bangladesh, has signed an agreement to upgrade to PRIME 4, the latest version of TSYS’ PRIME payment solutions platform."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!