Bitcoin Pursues the Mainstream http://t.co/esVcp1s6vm— The New York Times (@nytimes) October 31, 2013
Might be interesting sometime to debate pros/cons of tokenization vs. digital currencies. Various stakeholders likely feel strongly...— Scott Loftesness (@sjl) October 31, 2013
On the web:
- With Google Play services 4.0, US Android developers can now try out Google Wallet Instant Buy API - Google Commerce Blog
- Bitcoin Pursues the Mainstream - New York Times (Nick Wingfield) - “I’m confident you will see major worldwide retailers adopting systems built on bitcoin,” said Jim Breyer, the Silicon Valley venture capitalist and early Facebook investor who also served on the board of Walmart Stores for more than a decade.
- Android 4.4 KitKat Will Reportedly Include NFC Card Emulation Without Secure Element, Improved Low-Memory Device Support, New Sensor Types, And More - Android Police - "If the secure element is no longer required, Google Wallet could work on any device running Android 4.4 – it might even be downloadable from Google Play like any other app."
- Spine-chilling Fraud Statistics - Deluxe ForwardBanker Blog - "On Halloween we fear witches and vampires – monsters and ghouls. But, should we be fearing the spine-chilling fraud statistics that linger in the darkness?"
On the wires:
- Green Dot and Walmart Expand Walmart MoneyCard Portfolio with a Suite of Prepaid Debit Cards - "Green Dot and Walmart today announced they have expanded the line of Walmart MoneyCard® reloadable prepaid debit cards to include six new card types designed to meet the needs of their growing customer base."
- Google Introduces Android 4.4 Kit Kat - including New NFC capabilities through Host Card Emulation - "Android 4.4 introduces new platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE), for payments, loyalty programs, card access, transit passes, and other custom services. With HCE, any app on an Android device can emulate an NFC smart card, letting users tap to initiate transactions with an app of their choice — no provisioned secure element (SE) in the device is needed."
- MasterCard Incorporated Reports Third-Quarter 2013 Financial Results - “We had another good quarter with growth across all geographies,” said Ajay Banga, MasterCard president and CEO.
- New Fiserv White Paper Recommends Financial Institutions Follow a Phased Roadmap to Offer More Robust Mobile Alerts - "The paper discusses consumer use of alerts, considerations for building an alerts platform and strategies for deployment in phases and across channels."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking on New Payments Regulation in Brazil at the International Money Transmitter Conference in Miami, Nov 4-7, 2013.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews