ON THE WEB
- PayPal Isn’t a Bank, But It May Be the New Face of Banking - Wall St. Journal - "The central role PayPal seeks to play in the financial lives of its users shows the rapid evolution of what people think of as banking and could spark many of the world’s largest financial institutions to reconsider their own long-held customer relationships."
- Digital Wallets: The Honor All Devices Rule - Credit Slips (Adam Levitin) - "The basic issue with digital wallets is that they aren't all the same in terms of costs and benefits, but merchants have to accept them equal on an all-or-nothing basis."
- PayPal's mission to diversify, one mom at a time - CNET - "PayPal plans to open up Recharge to more groups, hoping to make the company more diverse and provide opportunities to experienced workers, such as veterans, who are often overlooked."
ON THE WIRES
- ACI Worldwide Simplifies and Expedites Secure eCommerce Payments for Global Merchants - "The SaaS-based UP eCommerce Payments solution is the realization of ACI’s eCommerce strategy, which began with the 2014 acquisition of Retail Decisions (ReD) and its market-leading solution for preventing and managing eCommerce fraud. In 2015, ACI acquired PAY.ON and its robust global eCommerce payment gateway solution."
- ATMIA Releases Industry Report on Operation Choke Point - "Sponsored by the U.S. Independent ATM Deployer Committee, the report details the issues the ATM industry has faced due to Operation Choke Point (OCP) and how independent ATM deployers (IAD) can protect their businesses and respond to bank inquiries."
- UnionPay becomes the official payment brand for the Great Singapore Sale 2016 - "On June 2, UnionPay International and Singapore Retailers Association jointly announced that UnionPay will become the only official payment brand for GSS from 2016 to 2018. During the GSS, over 100 local merchants will provide exclusive offers and privileges for UnionPay cards."
PAYMENTS IN PORTLAND
- Join us for the next Payments in Portland (Oregon) event being held on Tuesday, June 7th. Details here!
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!