On the Web:
- Amazon Dash Aims to Be a Push-Button Substitute for the Supply Run - New York Times Bits Blog - "Press a button on a small, pill-shaped device connected to Wi-Fi and receive a bottle of laundry detergent on your doorstep two days later."
- New Metric Aids Weak Credit Risks - Wall St. Journal - "Millions of Americans unable to obtain credit cards, mortgages and auto loans from banks will receive a boost with the launch of a new credit score aimed at consumers regarded as too risky by lenders."
- New payments watchdog takes aim at high street banks - FT.com - "“We want to break open the control of payment systems, so it’s not just the big banks that control them who can use them,” Ms Nixon said.
- Canadian banks see threat in tech companies offering mobile payments - Globe and Mail - "Ask Canadian bank chiefs to name the biggest challenge facing their industry today, and you’ll likely get the same response: Disruption from technology companies offering mobile payments."
- CBA finally ready to launch Albert tablet payment device - Financial Review (Australia) - "Named after Albert Einstein, the Albert contains a secure EMV interface for accepting chip and PIN cards, a near-field communications chip for contactless payments, a receipt printer, and 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity."
On the Wires:
- FIS Drives Digital Disruption from New Innovation Lab in San Francisco - “Our Digital Innovation Lab will serve as an entrepreneurial ‘garage’, where our engineers build new product prototypes with cutting-edge technologies,” said Doug Brown, SVP and GM, Mobile Financial Services, FIS. “Located in the U.S. hub for high-tech innovation, the lab is empowering FIS to set the pace of digital developments for the financial industry.”
- Heartland and Verifone Renew Alliance; Announce EMV and Encryption Initiative - “A renewed alliance between Heartland and Verifone ensures merchants have access to the most secure and flexible payments solutions on the market today,” said Heartland Chairman and CEO Robert O. Carr. “Verifone’s popular VX terminals are both Heartland Secure-certified and support E3 encryption, providing merchants with an extensive range of payment device options.”
- Advanced Cash Chooses BitPay to Offer Bitcoin Funding - "As the Bitcoin industry grows in transaction volume and technology development, companies like Advanced Cash need to have a scalable product to compete and meet customer expectations. With BitPay, they are able to provide reliable and efficient services to Bitcoin users by offering frictionless transactions powered by enterprise level software and support service."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments. On May 19-20, we will be holding a Payments Boot Camp in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews