On the Web:
- Can Google Outsell Amazon and eBay? - Wall St. Journal - "Google Inc. will launch buy buttons on its search-result pages in coming weeks, a controversial step by the company toward becoming an online marketplace rivaling those run by Amazon.com Inc. and eBay Inc."
- Reid Hoffman: Why the block chain matters - Wired UK - "Why? Because in my experience, the most transformative ideas are not the ones that achieve broad consensus early on. Instead, they're the ones that are so uniquely out there, so contrarian, that even informed observers have wildly differing opinions regarding their potential value."
- Decoding the Enigma of Satoshi Nakamoto and the Birth of Bitcoin - New York Times - "It may be impossible to prove Satoshi’s identity until the person or people behind Bitcoin’s curtain decide to come forward and prove ownership of Satoshi’s old electronic accounts. At this point, the creator’s identity is no longer important to Bitcoin’s future."
- Apple Pay seeks alliance with Alipay in China - Want China Times - "Apple CEO Tim Cook said during his trip to China on May 13 that Apple Pay is seeking to ally with Alibaba's Alipay in tapping the Chinese market in order to challenge the dominant status of China UnionPay."
On the Wires:
- Oberthur Technologies Partners with Samsung for the Launch of Samsung Pay in Europe - "We are very proud to have been the first selected by Samsung for the launch of Samsung Pay in Europe and to bring this new service to the many banks who will partner with us in Europe. Combining our unmatched expertise in the secure provisioning of payment means and other services with PEARL by OT® eSE we are connecting Samsung to a large ecosystem of service providers worldwide,” said Marek Juda, Managing Director of the Solutions Business Unit at OT.
- NCR Unveils Orderman7 Mobile POS Solution for the Hospitality Industry - "With Orderman7’s large, high-resolution 5-inch HD display, users can assist customers in all types of situations, even in direct sunlight. The Orderman7 gives hospitality employees a “smartphone-like” experience combined with shock-resistant and water-tight design, while featuring programmable side buttons for the most frequently used functions."
- Toshiba and ITAB Join Forces to Offer Cutting Edge Innovation in Checkout - “In a retail landscape that changes so rapidly, joining in an alliance with Toshiba enables us to deliver unique solutions to the retail market that leverage the combined strengths of both companies,” said Niklas Thoresson, Chief Business Officer, ITAB. “Through our joint solutions, retailers have the opportunity to improve sales and efficiency in their store operations.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews