On the Web:
- First Data: The next big thing? The story of the Omaha-born giant that refused to die - Omaha.com - "Some Wall Street analysts have Omaha-born First Data pegged as the next big thing. That’s a far cry from the sickly, debt-addled company those same analysts had on death watch just a few years ago."
On the Wires:
- PayPal Celebrates Listing on Nasdaq and Completes Separation from eBay Inc. - “As the world’s open, digital payments platform and most trusted and popular digital wallet, we are excited to celebrate our listing day and embark on our next chapter,” said Dan Schulman, President and Chief Executive Officer of PayPal. “Mobile technology is transforming payments, making it easier, safer and more affordable for people to move and manage their money than ever before. As an independent company, we see a tremendous opportunity for PayPal to expand our role as a champion for consumers and partner to merchants, and to help shape the industry as money becomes digital at an increasingly rapid pace.”
- Mobile Technology Use Among Shoppers Rises as Retail Habits Change, Synchrony Financial Study Finds - "The survey, conducted in March and April 2015 with nearly 7,000 Synchrony Bank cardholders and random shoppers nationwide, gathered insights on how customers view mobile technology for shopping and what they expect in their mobile retail experience."
- 5 Ways Chase.com’s Home Page Just Got Better - “We just made it easier for our customers to live and bank the way they want,” said Gavin Michael, Head of Digital for Chase. “We’re excited to bring the look and feel that customers love on the Chase Mobile® app to their desktops and tablets.”
- NCR Small Business Releases All-in-One Tablet POS System - “NCR Silver Register is designed to help small businesses and franchises to easily focus on what’s important – delivering a higher level of customer service and modernizing their stores,” said Chris Poelma, president and general manager of NCR Small Business. “The bundled solution is affordable and scalable, yet helps business owners power their businesses without the typical implementation challenges associated with many enterprise-level technology solutions.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews