On the Web
- BitBeat: Bitcoin-Startup BitPesa Expands Into Nigeria, Uganda - Wall St. Journal - "BitPesa, the two-year old Kenyan startup that offers money-transfer services over the bitcoin network, has expanded into Nigeria and Uganda, marking the third and fourth countries in which it operates."
- Target’s Cartwheel 2.0 taps latest mobile best practices to drive conversions - Mobile Commerce Daily - "As one of the first retail apps taking advantage of Apple’s new 3D Touch, users with a new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus phone will be able to quickly access their bar code, search and product scanning from the home screen of their phones."
On the Wires
- PAX Appointed Leading Payment Vendor at Russia's Sberbank - "PAX Technology, a global leader in the provision of secure electronic payment terminal solutions, has become the major payment terminal supplier to Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia."
- ShopWithMe Introduces the World's First Smart, Interactive Retail Store - "Jonathan Jenkins, Founder and CEO of WithMe, created a "smart store" to bring the best of both offline and online shopping together under one roof, while creating personalized experiences for every shopper. The store itself is completely mobile, and designed to be mass-produced so they can be deployed across the US or shipped anywhere around the world."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!