On the Web:
- Dark Wallet and Bitcoin Regulation - PaymentsViews.com (George Peabody) - "For those of us who believe that our tools give us the ability to create positive change, the next task will the development of stronger mechanisms to secure privacy and security on the Bitcoin ecosystem instead of increasing its vulnerability to regulation."
- Square Finally Gives Up on Square Wallet and Bets on New Order-Ahead App - Re/Code.net (Jason Del Rey) - "As of today, Square has pulled the app from the Apple and Google app stores. At the same time, it is introducing Square Order, an app that lets shoppers place pick-up orders from, and pay at, coffee shops, cafes and other Square merchants..."
- The Future of Retail Checkout: No Checkout at All? - The Atlantic - “People have said when checkout is working really well, it will feel like stealing. You grab a pair of shoes and you just walk out.”
On the Wires:
- FIS Instant Card Provides EMV-compliant Credit and Debit Cards Instantly, from the Cloud - "FIS Instant Card allows financial institutions to instantly issue ready-to-use credit, debit or prepaid cards to customers or members in the branch or store location."
- Citi Expands Global Commercial Card Platform into Brazil - “Latin America is a key strategic region for our global clients, and this significant investment represents our continued commitment to enhancing our solutions across the region. This will ensure that cardholders and clients have access to consistent services, wherever they are in the world,” commented Citi’s Global Commercial Cards Head, Manish Kohli.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.; Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Oct 21-22 in New York City; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews