Headline News is brought to you by Glenbrook Partners. Glenbrook provides payments strategy consulting and education services to payments professionals worldwide!
ON THE WEB
ON THE WIRES
- MasterCard to Simplify E-Commerce for Microsoft Dynamics Customers around the Globe - “Businesses need to be able to sell to their customers wherever they are without headache or hassle,” says Deborah Barta, Simplify Commerce global lead, MasterCard. “We want to make life easier for businesses as they grow, and we look forward to working with Microsoft to bring safe, simple and secure electronic payments to more businesses around the world.”
- First Data and Silicon Valley Bank Expand Strategic Partnership - “With the power of First Data’s technology combined with our broad relationships across the innovation ecosystem, we help increase our clients’ probability of success while making payment issuance and acceptance easier and more effective,” said Eduardo Vergara, Head of Payment Services, Silicon Valley Bank. “Technology companies tend to expand into many markets earlier than companies in other industries, and require services that can scale easily and globally. Together with First Data, we are able to deliver payment solutions that will truly help our clients grow.”
- Synchrony Financial Invests in flexReceipts, Inc. - Neeraj Mehta, Executive Vice President, Business Strategy and Development, at Synchrony Financial said: “We are pleased to be a strategic investor in flexReceipts. Synchrony and flexReceipts share a common principle of helping retailers enhance customer loyalty and deliver a frictionless digital customer experience. flexReceipts uses cutting-edge technology in a way that is aligned with our vision for retail innovation..."
- Consumers Now Can View Credit Card Data alongside Checking and Savings from Their Online and Mobile Banking Solutions - "Digital Insight and PSCU’s platforms integrate APIs, which allow credit card account and transaction data to flow seamlessly between the two platforms in real time. Digital Insight uses PSCU's Data eXchange middleware for real-time integration. Over 120 PSCU Owner credit unions have leveraged Data eXchange’s open architecture to provide the functionality and the enhanced service experience that members are demanding."
- Definitive Internet of Things and NFC White Paper Published by NFC Forum - "The NFC Forum announced today the publication of a definitive white paper focused on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Near Field Communication (NFC) in the smart home. Titled ″Simplifying IoT: Connecting, Commissioning, and Controlling with Near Field Communication – NFC Makes the Smart Home a Reality,″ the white paper outlines the future of IoT devices in the smart home and how NFC will help developers and manufacturers bring the benefits of IoT to where we live, work, and play. It is available for download at no charge."
- One in Three American Households Are Stuck in a Relationship with a Financial Services Provider They Don’t Trust - “The fact that so many consumers are working with a financial services institution they don’t trust has significant financial implications,” said Jeremy Bowler, senior vice president of Financial Services at Market Strategies. “It creates greater opportunity for disruptive change, and with financial technology solutions rapidly emerging, this is a pool of consumers who are ripe for the picking.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
COMING UP IN ATLANTA ON FRIDAY, JULY 15
TAG FinTech presents: Lunch & Learn on Real Time Payments - After years of discussion, the notion of faster payments in the U.S. is rapidly becoming reality thanks to the efforts of the Federal Reserve's Payments Improvement Task Force and its participating firms. These new systems could fundamentally change how we think about person to person transfers as well as business payments. Of these efforts, The Clearing House's real-time payments initiative is among the furthest along and most ambitious. Get the details on its functionality, rollout and potential uses. Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry is moderating the session.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!