On the Web
- IBM, J.P. Morgan, and Others Build a New Blockchain For Business - Fortune - "The companies have joined forces to create the Open Ledger Project with the Linux Foundation, with the goal of re-imagining supply chains, contracts and other ways information about ownership and value are exchanged in a digital economy."
- The UnionPay partnership with PowaTag signals a new era of mobile payments in China. - Powa Blog - "PowaTag UnionPay is a co-branded version of the PowaTag app designed for the Chinese market, and fully integrated with the UnionPay Network Payment point-of-sale and settlement network."
- New NACHA White Paper: Introduction to ISO 20022 for U.S. Financial Institutions - "The "Introduction to ISO 20022 for U.S. Financial Institutions" white paper sheds light on the practices and opportunities of ISO 20022 in the U.S. and global payments landscape, and dispels the myths surrounding what use of this standard can and cannot support."
On the Wires
- Linux Foundation Unites Industry Leaders to Advance Blockchain Technology - "The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, today announced a new collaborative effort to advance the popular blockchain technology. The project will develop an enterprise grade, open source distributed ledger framework and free developers to focus on building robust, industry-specific applications, platforms and hardware systems to support business transactions."
- Pangea Introduces the First Debit-to-Debit International Money Transfer Product - "The direct debit-to-debit product is the first to provide a way to transfer funds to Mexico in real time using the 16-digit primary account number (PAN) on a debit card..."
- R3’s distributed ledger initiative grows to 42 bank members and looks to extend reach to the broader financial services community - David Rutter, CEO of R3 comments: “Partnering with a broad range of institutions has always been central to our strategy of developing distributed ledger technologies that will truly benefit the financial services industry as a whole. Securing the backing of 42 of the world’s leading banks demonstrates the level of interest in our initiative, and we now look forward to exploring collaboration with non-bank institutions and expanding our already diverse group.”
- Citi Retail Services and ExxonMobil Announce Renewal of Consumer and Commercial Credit Card Agreement - “We are committed to offering consumers a broad range of convenient payment methods, including Exxon and Mobil personal and commercial credit cards, our Speedpass™ key tag program, the Speedpass+™ app, and ExxonMobil Gift Cards,” said Jan Crowe, director of retail fuels marketing for ExxonMobil Fuels Lubricants & Specialties Company.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!