On the Web:
- Why PayPal’s Split From eBay Threatens 70 Million Americans - Slate.com (Maria Aspan) - "...there’s also a large group of people for whom the PayPal-eBay breakup is bad news: anyone who hates banks, particularly the low-to-moderate income people the industry calls “underbanked.”
On the Wires:
- TSYS Signs PRIME 4 Agreement with Banco del Bajío - "Ranked as one of the top banks in Mexico, Banco del Bajío will leverage PRIME issuing support to manage its credit and private label card portfolios along with its loyalty and installment programs on the single-platform PRIME solution. TSYS will also provide the bank with sophisticated licensed solutions for integrated customer alerts as well as authorization and switching as part of the PRIME licensing agreement."
- Ingo Money and Advance Financial Partner to Launch a Co-Branded Mobile Application Enabling Consumers to Load Checks in Minutes - "Ingo Money, Inc., a provider of recurring, instantaneous, guaranteed funds technologies for financial institutions, prepaid card providers and digital wallet platforms, and Advance Financial, a progressive leader in consumer retail financial services, announced a partnership to launch Ingo™ for Advance Financial, a co-branded, consumer-direct mobile application to digitize check cashing transactions."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York City
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews