On the Web:
- Nothing More Social - PaymentsViews.com (Carol Coye Benson) - "I read the Facebook announcement of payments through Messenger with interest, and just a touch of “about time”!"
- Startup Raises $40M to Keep Small Businesses’ Cash Flowing - Wired - "Enter FundBox, an alternative lending startup that’s trying to fix this problem by doling out advances to small businesses on invoices of anywhere from $100 to $25,000."
- Target agrees to pay $10 mln to settle lawsuit from data breach - Reuters - "Target Corp has agreed to pay $10 million in a proposed settlement of a class-action lawsuit related to a huge 2013 data breach..."
- Geo-fencing has real potential for mobile growth, says Citi exec - Mobile Commerce Daily - "A Citi executive at the 2015 Mobile Marketing Association Forum New York claimed that geo-fencing specific areas to alert consumers of potential rewards gained when using a Citi credit card is an optimal solution..."
- Remitly raises $12.5M to help immigrants send money to friends, family abroad - GeekWire - "Remitly today announced a $12.5 million Series B round led by DFJ, with participation from DN Capital and existing investors QED Investors and Trilogy Equity Partners."
On the Wires:
- American Express Announces New Co-Brand Relationship with Charles Schwab - “We look forward to working closely with Charles Schwab to develop a strong value proposition for the new cards,” said Josh Silverman, president of Consumer Products & Services for American Express. “The partnership is designed to generate positive economics over time for our shareholders, and allow our mutual customers to benefit from a relationship with two leading financial services brands.”
- GlobeOne partners with InvestaBank and Bankaool to bring new mobile banking network to Mexico - “Only 45% of the population in Mexico has a bank account, which is why this partnership is an exciting development for Mexican consumers,” said Michael Wolper, GlobeOne member and Chief Marketing Officer. “Through GlobeOne’s growing global network, consumers will have access to the basic financial services necessary to build a strong financial future, and banks will have a new platform to serve the many digitally connected Mexican consumers who do not participate in the traditional, brick-and-mortar banking system.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews