On the Web:
- The Year Of Mobile Payments - TechCrunch - "Expectations have changed. The proliferation of mobile money services shows that people – even the unbanked – demand better than the lengthy queues, cumbersome processes, and high fees offered by the incumbent international money transfer “super racket.”"
- ICICI Bank launches ‘Tap n Pay’, a contactless payment service in arrangement with Tech Mahindra - Telecom Tiger - "‘Tap n Pay’ is a prepaid account, which can be availed by customers of any bank by simply registering for it and transferring money online from any bank account. ICICI Bank customers can also transfer money to the Tap-n-Pay account through an SMS. To start with, this solution is being offered at large campuses of corporate offices."
- Samsung SDS enters biometric security business - Korea Times - "This system will be applied to all devices that need to receive user authorization such as smartphones, vehicles, IoT-based devices, door locks, smart homes, shopping, transaction and financial products," Kim said. "All corporate clients in those areas are our potential customers."
- Westpac boss sees NZ as innovation lab - New Zealand Herald - "Westpac Group chief executive Brian Hartzer has embarked on a mission to transform the bank into a world-leading service company, with the Kiwi operations playing a Trojan horse role when it comes to innovations."
- New Law to Strip Social Security Numbers From Medicare Cards - New York Times - “The Social Security number is the key to identity theft, and thieves are having a field day with seniors’ Medicare cards,” said Representative Sam Johnson, Republican of Texas...
On the Wires:
- Verifone selects Thales to protect card holder data - "Thales, leader in critical information systems and cybersecurity, announces that Verifone now uses Thales nShield hardware security modules (HSMs) for its end-to-end payment encryption solution – VeriShield Total Protect – to provide robust, high speed, scalable crypto to protect card holder data, whether transmitted from a card or mobile device, right from the moment of capture."
- GlobeOne Announces LOI with MetaBank to Bring New Mobile Banking Network to United States - "GlobeOne expects to launch in the United States and Mexico in the fourth quarter of 2015, and it will expand its integrated global network as new banking partners are secured around the world. GlobeOne’s innovative app will offer a no-minimum demand deposit account with debit card, a security savings account, a line of credit, domestic and international transfers between GlobeOne members, and access to the global income-building SocialBoost program, which gives members the opportunity to earn a new income stream while helping those who need it most."
- WEX Virtual Payments Expands Currency Offering in Europe - Myles Stephenson, managing director of WEX Europe said, “We’ve listened to our customers’ needs and business challenges, and implemented a solution that provides even more cost-effective ways to make international payments. This update enables WEX Europe customers to pay their global suppliers in local currencies more efficiently.”
- Entrust Datacard Enters Strategic Partnership with Financial Software and Systems (FSS) - Commenting on the partnership, Nagaraj Mylandla, managing director of FSS, said, “FSS has always been on the forefront of bringing new technologies to the payments domain in India. Today, banks in India are focusing on new technologies to build a deeper engagement with their customers. The hosted instant card issuance solution that we are introducing through our partnership with Entrust Datacard is one such technology that will assist banks in India to achieve service excellence.”
- EastPay Launches Subsidiary, EastPay Advisory Services - "EastPay, a Regional Payments Association, has announced the formation of EastPay Advisory Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary that will provide payments risk management, compliance, and consulting services to financial institutions and businesses."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for May 19-20 in Menlo Park, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on May 21 on the topic of The New Point of Sale.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews