ON THE WEB
- Wal-Mart Sues Visa Over Transactions - Wall St. Journal - "Wal-Mart says Visa has prohibited it from requiring PINs only..."
- Apple Pay expands to Big Five banks in Canada with support for Visa, MasterCard and Interac - iMore - "Apple has accomplished what no other FinTech company has: it has negotiated with the Big Five Canadian banks to expand Apple Pay to support Visa, MasterCard and Interac."
- Banking’s New Normal - New Yorker - "But there’s no avoiding the deeper conclusion: regulations have simply made banking less profitable than it once was."
- Visa Co, Visa Europe enter amended and restated transaction agreement - Reuters - "Visa Inc says board of directors of company and Visa Europe have each approved, and were unanimous in their support for, the amended transaction agreement."
- More Chip-Card Headaches, This Time for Merchants - "For millions of merchants that haven’t yet met the credit-card industry’s deadline for accepting more secure plastic, the bill is coming due."
- Citibank commits to beacons after merchants give the technology a thumbs-up - "Citibank continues to pave the way for mobile banking by deploying beacons at select Manhattan branches, enabling customers to enter ATM lobbies during off-hours without a card and to receive personalized, location-based messages."
ON THE WIRES
- Center for Financial Services Innovation Releases New Indicators for Measuring Consumers’ Financial Well-Being - "Today, the Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) released a landmark report that urges financial services providers to measure the financial health of their customers. The work, which benefitted from the strategic and financial support of MetLife Foundation, equips financial services providers and nonprofits with the tools to better understand the state of their customers’ financial health and their role in improving it."
- MetaBank® and Blackhawk Network Extend Relationship - "Under this agreement, Blackhawk will continue to provide marketing, servicing, and processing services for a broad range of consumer and corporate financial products issued by MetaBank."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!