ON THE WEB
- A ‘Game of Phones’: Mobey Forum Evaluates Strategic Options for Banks as OEM Giants Tighten their Grip on Mobile Payments Landscape - "The report entitled, ‘Game of Phones: The Giants’ Power Plays in Mobile Payments’ examines the current state of play in mobile payments and draws out the most significant factors for banks to consider when defining their mobile payments strategy. It investigates possible steps that the banks can take to stay relevant to customers, and explores why it is important for banks to remain vigilant relative to what Apple, Samsung and Google are doing in this space."
- The resolution of the Bitcoin experiment - Medium (Mike Hearn) - "Why has Bitcoin failed? It has failed because the community has failed."
ON THE WIRES
- Adyen Expands Next Generation Point of Sale Solution to U.S. Merchants - “The $22 trillion retail industry has been on the verge of delivering a true omnichannel shopping experience for years, but outdated and siloed payment systems have been in the way,” said Pieter Van der Does, co-founder and CEO of Adyen. “With Adyen’s omnichannel solution, forward-looking retailers will have the platform they need to surprise and delight shoppers with new experiences that also grow their revenue.”
- Verifone to Deliver End-to-End, EMV-Ready Payment Solution to Microsoft Dynamics Customers - “In addition to simplified payment management, merchants want the most efficient, secure and hassle-free ways to support EMV, NFC, mobile wallets and other emerging payment methods that also offer new engagement opportunities with their customers,” said Jim Surber, regional head of Payment as a Service, North America, Verifone. “Partnering with Microsoft Dynamics - provider of industry leading point of sale software and omni-channel retail and commerce solutions - will greatly expedite our ability to deliver these capabilities to a vast number of merchants across the U.S.”
- Hyatt Completes Payment Card Incident Investigation - “Protecting customer information is critically important to Hyatt, and we take the security of customer data very seriously,” said Chuck Floyd, global president of operations for Hyatt. “We have been working tirelessly to complete our investigation, and we now have more complete information that we want to share so that customers can take steps to protect themselves. Additionally, we want to assure customers that we took steps to strengthen the security of our systems in order to help prevent this from happening in the future.”
- Payments in Portland (OR) - Join us Thursday, January 28th from 5:30-7:30 PM to hang out with your colleagues and competitors to discuss all things payments! We'll have appetizers, Oregon beer and wine. For the first time, Payments in Portland is including a short topical briefing - this month on "B2B Payments - Promise and Problems." If you have a Portland payments presence and something to say on B2B payments, let us know! RSVP HERE!
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!