On the Web:
- PoF 13 – Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions on Mobile Fraud - PaymentsViews.com (Aaron Press) - "Aaron Press of Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions joins Glenbrook’s George Peabody for a discussion on mobile fraud trends based on the firm’s True Cost of Fraud mCommerce report."
- Surprise! Apple Pay Gets More Free Publicity — This Time From American Express and Seinfeld - Re/code.net - "Why are all these financial services companies spending millions on building awareness for an Apple service, without Apple spending a dime on those ads? Because Apple chose to play ball with the traditional payment ecosystem when it introduced Apple Pay..."
- Anthem Breach May Have Started in April 2014 - Krebs on Security - "Analysis of open source information on the cybercriminal infrastructure likely used to siphon 80 million Social Security numbers and other sensitive data from health insurance giant Anthem suggests the attackers may have first gained a foothold in April 2014..."
- The Future Of Mobile Wallets Lies Beyond Payments - Forrester (Thomas Husson) - "Offering faster or more-secure payments is not enough; wallet providers will have to solve real pain points, such as giving consumers the ability to see what’s on stored value cards at any moment in time, access loyalty points, or automatically receive digital copies of payment receipts."
- Kenya’s BitPesa Raises $1.1 Million, Expands Operations - WSJ BitBeat - "The company now has a staff of nine full-time employees, and has expanded its services beyond the remittance business."
- Cashless ecosystem: National Payment Corporation building platform for payment mechanisms - Economic Times - "The National Payment Corporation of India, an organisation for all retail payments supported by India's largest banks, is building a single interface platform for all transactions."
- Why 2015 will not be the tipping point for mobile payments - Mobile Commerce Daily - “While mobile will not displace traditional means of tender for many years, I see 2015 as the year the foundation for mobile payments begins to move into place, setting the scene for future growth.”
- How Apple’s iOS 8 changes the game for brands and retailers - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Many of these changes represent new opportunities to delight and engage your users, but others, if ignored, could disrupt a marketer’s ability to deliver pushes or power application features based on location."
- Kenya and the digital service revolution Australia is still waiting for - The Mandarin - "Pointing to the transformative impact that M-Pesa had in Kenya, Johnson says it’s an example of how when there’s an urgent need or call to action, and you don’t have legacy environments, amazing things can be done."
On the Wires:
- The J.G. Wentworth Company™ Has Joined Forces with Visa Inc. to Enter into the Prepaid Category “We are excited J.G. Wentworth has chosen to enter the prepaid category with Visa,” said Cecilia Frew, head of US Prepaid, Visa. “The J.G. Wentworth leadership team has a history of working with Visa on innovative, large prepaid programs and we look forward to leveraging the J.G. Wentworth and Visa brands to achieve excellence in the category.”
- Co-Op Relaunches Co-Op Mobile With Real-Time, P2P Payments - "Originally introduced in February 2009, CO-OP Mobile is being reintroduced to take advantage of CO-OP's new person-to-person payments network called RealPay by CO-OP, incorporating the FIS PayNet platform."
- Merchant Risk Council Elects Leading Online Retailer to Chairman of the Board - "The MRC, leading association for professionals within ecommerce payments and fraud, announced today that Pete Pouridis, vice president, loss prevention of The Neiman Marcus Group has been appointed to Chairman of MRC’s Global Board of Directors."
- TurboTax Resumes E-filing for States - "The resumption comes after the company temporarily paused transmissions upon seeing an increase in suspicious filings and attempts by criminals to use stolen identity information to file fraudulent state tax returns and claim tax refunds."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Payments for the Unbanked on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews