On the Web:
- Apple Pay on the Apple Watch is just a double-tap away - iMore
- The Payment Start-Up Square Expands Its Reach Into Small Businesses - New York Times - "These moves all speak to how Square now wishes to be known: as a company building services for small businesses, buttressed by the huge amount of data collected from the millions of credit card swipes it processes daily."
- PayPal to buy Israeli cyber security firm CyActive: media - Reuters - "CyActive, which says it can forecast future cyber attacks and offer companies such as utilities detection and prevention, received a strategic investment from the venture capital unit of Siemens SIGEn.DE in September."
- RBA data suggests 40% of credit card values in Australia are now card-not-present - APCA - "For credit cards, about 20 per cent of transactions by volume are card-not-present while card-not-present transactions represent 40 per cent of credit card values!"
- Samsung to Waive Fees for Mobile Payment Service - BusinessKorea - "Samsung's policy on fees for credit card companies in the U.S. is still unknown, but an industry source said that the company is unlikely to charge fees in the U.S. in light of its decision in Korea."
On the Wires:
- PayLease and Ocius to Combine - “Ocius is the forerunner in convergent billing solutions and their products are the perfect complement to the PayLease payment platform,” said PayLease CEO, Dave Dutch. “Our combined companies will bring best-in-class solutions to streamline our clients’ intensive AR and AP needs. We are excited to join forces with Ocius and bring these businesses together.” Dutch added.
- NMI Launches Payments Enablement Platform for VARs and ISVs - “The days of reselling third-party payment gateway services or referring merchants to payment gateways are over,” said Roy Banks, chief executive officer for NMI. “Our payments enablement platform enables ISOs, VARs and ISVs to offer their own branded payment gateway, while meeting the payment processing needs of their merchant customers,” added Banks. “They gain relationship control to enhance customer experience and brand equity. Plus, they own more of the revenue opportunity without having to worry about third-party competition,” continued Banks.
- Seamless Distribution AB: SEQR Launches Market-Leading Cashback Reward Program and Connects the Service to Consumers’ Bank Accounts - “This reward program is far more attractive than what the card companies offer, with no fees or strings attached. It is very attractive financially. SEQR can also be connected straight to your bank account, making it even easier to use. This is how we are actively driving the change towards the smartphone replacing the wallet, ” says Peter Fredell, CEO of Seamless, the provider of SEQR.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews