On the Web:
- Target Says Credit Card Data Breach Cost It $162M In 2013-14 - "Target today said that it has booked $162 million in expenses across 2013 and 2014 related to its data breach..."
- Defining The Digital Currency Professional - TechCrunch (David Berger) - "The digital currency economy demands a new knowledge set, as well as a means of developing and certifying that knowledge within an individual. The maturation and growth of the ecosystem depends on it."
On the Wires:
- Barclays launches Twitter Payments through Pingit - Darren Foulds, Director of Barclays Mobile Banking and Pingit said: “We are always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to make people’s lives easier and customer feedback plays a big part in how we chose to further develop our apps. Adding the ability to pay people or a small business using just a Twitter handle brings together a social and digital experience to create a new step forward for mobile payments in the UK”.
- Worldpay and CAN Capital Team to Provide Working Capital Solutions to Small Business Owners - “As the leaders in modern money, we are committed to providing our customers value beyond reliable payments processing, such as access to unique financial solutions they otherwise wouldn’t have,” said Worldpay US Chief Marketing Officer Patti Newcomer.
- Financial Solutions Lab Announces $3 Million Competition to Tackle Consumer Financial Security - "The Financial Solutions Lab at the Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) with founding partner JPMorgan Chase & Co. today announced a $3 million competition for technology innovators working to address consumer financial challenges. This cross-sector initiative will identify technology-enabled financial solutions and provide winners with direct and indirect support to test and expand the availability of their products and services to consumers."
- Bluefin Payment Systems and Merchant Link Partner to Provide Bluefin’s Decryptx™ PCI-Validated P2PE Solution to Merchant Link Clients - “We chose to add Bluefin’s Decryptx offering to our platform to provide our clients all the benefits of a PCI-validated P2PE solution through their current connection with Merchant Link," said Dan Lane, CEO of Merchant Link.
- Weebly and Square Bring Simple, High-Quality Business Solutions to Stores Looking to Get Online - "Now entrepreneurs and small businesses can build a website, blog and eCommerce store with Weebly and sync it directly to their Square account, streamlining purchases both online and offline."
- Apple Pay™ Now Available for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management’s Debit Card Clients - “Offering our wealth management clients the opportunity to use Apple Pay complements our full suite of cash management solutions,” said Eric Heaton, Head of Morgan Stanley’s Private Banking Group.
- BitGo Secures First-Ever Comprehensive Bitcoin Theft Insurance from XL Group Insurance Companies - “In collaborating with BitGo and Innovation Insurance Group, we tailored a first-of-its-kind insurance product to help protect the rapidly growing bitcoin industry,” said John Coletti, Chief Underwriting Officer, Cyber and Technology Insurance, XL Group.
- Cypress Joins the FIDO Alliance to Align Fingerprint Reader Technology With Specifications - "Cypress is designing its upcoming fingerprint reader solution to meet FIDO standards. FIDO members commit to share technology and collaborate to deliver open specifications for universal authentication methods that are interoperable, more secure and private, and easier to use. FIDO specifications enable biometric identity verification that protects sensitive user information and eliminates the need for inconvenient passwords."
- Payoneer Welcomes Payments Industry Veteran Neil Platt as Chief Revenue Officer - "Mr. Platt joins Payoneer with an extensive background in payments. In more than 10 years at CashEdge, he grew the company from a pre-revenue startup to an industry leader, serving most of the large banks in the U.S., including seven of the top 10."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Faster Payments on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews