On the Web:
- Payments on Fire Podcast #26 – Maybe It’s 3D Secure, After All - PaymentsViews.com - "In this conversation with Mike Roche, VP of Consumer Authentication at Cardinal Commerce, we take a deep dive into these protocols, their implementation and continuing evolution, expectations of increased card not present fraud due to EMV’s US arrival, and the positive effect on merchant sales and issuer spend of using this approach."
- Federal Reserve Increasing Scrutiny of Bank Payment Systems - Wall St. Journal - "Bank regulators are continuing to look at the issue as part of their efforts to make lenders and the financial system safer over time."
- Apple Pay For Everyone! PayAnywhere Mobile Reader Hits Apple Stores in September - TechCrunch - "The new PayAnywhere Mobile reader accepts Apple Pay plus other contactless NFC payments, traditional magnetic stripe credit cards and is EMV-capable."
- EMV – Necessary, Insufficient, and our Lasting PR Risk - PaymentsViews.com - Glenbrook's George Peabody comments on EMV as necessary but not sufficient.
- Get serious about this blockchain thing - Financial Services Club Blog - "Having noted that most bankers are now saying bitcoin bad, blockchain good, here’s a nice set of quotes I’ve been gathering of what banks are actually saying..."
- Citibank India launches global software development program - LiveMint - "Citibank India, the local unit of US-based Citigroup Inc., launched a global software development program, Citi Mobile Challenge, that will allow web technology companies and software developers to create digital and mobile solutions for the banking, e-commerce and financial payments sectors."
On the Wires:
- Introducing the Square Appointments App - "The new Appointments app is available for iPhone –– even if you don’t process payments with Square. We want to empower you to do business anywhere, and our family of Square apps makes it easier to run your point of sale, check your sales reports, and book more business."
- Consumers Believe Nontraditional Providers Will Drive Financial Industry Innovation, Says Research from Raddon Financial Group - “U.S. consumers continue to trust that banks and credit unions will provide them with the highest quality and most secure financial services available, and they believe that the emergence of nontraditional financial service providers has the potential to drive innovation in the industry,” said Bill Handel, vice president of research, Raddon Financial Group.
- Consumers Rank Discounts and Savings on Fuel as Their #1 Preferred Reward - “This survey confirms what our merchant partners and over 5 million members have been telling us for the last three years,” said Brandon Logsdon, President and CEO of Dallas-based Excentus. “Today’s consumers clearly value the ability to earn rewards – like fuel savings – that have a meaningful and tangible impact on their household budget, making everyday life more affordable."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!