On the web:
- The Bancorp Teams Up with Marqeta - "As a result of the newly formed relationship, The Bancorp will be able to offer its clients and program managers Marqeta’s leading multi-purse functionality, while at the same time being able to issue open and closed loop prepaid cards to Marqeta’s growing customer base."
- With Payment Code, PayPal believes it’s cracked the mobile payments enigma - GigaOm - “If you don’t have technology where the consumer wants to shop, what’s the point?” Kingsborough said.
- PayPal To Enable Mobile Consumer Payment With PIN Or QR Code - Pymnts.com (Karen Webster) - "PayPal’s announcement today of its new Payment Code functionality is an important third leg of the mobile commerce stool..."
- BitPay offers new pricing plans for bitcoin payment processing - CoinDesk - “BitPay is going after the SaaS (software as a service) model that is popular in other industries today and bringing this model to the payment processing space.”
- Meracord Settles with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - "As is commonly known at this point, on Thursday, Meracord and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) agreed to a settlement related to services we previously provided to debt relief service providers."
On the wires:
- Amazon’s ‘Pay with Amazon’ Service Challenges PayPal For The Web’s Payment Business - TechCrunch - "This is a direct blow at one of the bigger third-party payment options that consumers have at checkout..."
- Snap-to-Pay from Fiserv Makes Mobile Bill Payment a Snap - "Snap-to-Pay allows consumers to set up a new biller to be paid, pay their bill and enroll in electronic bill presentment if they would like to have future bills delivered to their account as e-bills."
- U.S. Bank to Launch Mobile Commerce for Major Retailers - "U.S. Bank and Monitise will develop an advanced mobile shopping experience including product selection and instant checkout payment capabilities."
- CU Wallet Selects Paydiant to Power Its Mobile Wallet Solution - "With Paydiant, CU Wallet will integrate complete mobile wallet capabilities into its own mobile application including contactless mobile payments, e-receipts, offer redemption and cardless cash access on existing payment terminals, point-of-sale (POS) systems, ATMs and online shopping carts."
- MasterCard Announces Two New Retailer Partnerships in Support of the World Food Programme and the Fight against Global Hunger - “These programmes help people help others as they shop, which is an incredibly powerful way to help WFP in their fight against world hunger,” said Ann Cairns, President of International Markets, MasterCard.
- MasterCard and CB Bank Announce First Prepaid Travel Card in Myanmar - "The reloadable prepaid card will be made available to Myanmar residents for when they travel outside of the country. It is the first such card product to be launched in Myanmar and is yet another stage in the evolution of the electronic payments ecosystem."
- JPMorgan Chase Names Dana Deasy Chief Information Officer - "Mr. Deasy will be joining JPMorgan Chase from BP, the $400 billion global energy company, where he was Chief Information Officer and Group Vice President responsible for global information technology, procurement and global real estate."
- Green Dot Corporation names Grace Wang as Chief Financial Officer - "Ms. Wang joins Green Dot from JP Morgan Chase where she most recently was based in London and held the position of Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of Investor Services Sales for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join us for our new series of Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps coming this month - 8th/9th in the San Francisco Bay Area and 23rd/24th in New York City!
- Glenbrook's Allen Weinberg and Erin McCune will be at Money2020 in Las Vegas October 6-10 - please reach out to them directly to catch up in person or set up a briefing at the conference. Erin will be moderating an Invoicing, Billing & Collections panel with Bill.com CEO Rene Lacerte, Billtrust CEO Flint Lane and Billhighway Chairman Vince Thomas.
- Glenbrook's Elizabeth McQuerry will be speaking at this year's NACHA Global Payments Forum on October 17-18 in New York City. She'll be speaking on the topic "Mobile Payments, Interoperability & Faster Funds Transfer".
- Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson will be speaking at this year's American Bankers Association Annual Convention on October 20-22 in New Orleans. She'll be participating in a panel discussion on The Future of the Payments Industry.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews