On the Web:
- More retailers partner with Zapp to offer mobile payments - Retail Gazette (UK) - "This will massively benefit retailers, especially small and medium businesses, especially because Zapp transactions are a considerably lower cost than cards and other alternative payment methods."
- Plastc wants to replace your entire wallet with a single card - The Verge - "Like Coin, Plastc syncs with your phone using Bluetooth. It lets you swipe between 20 cards or barcodes using an E-ink touchscreen, and offers NFC (like the iPhone 6) for contactless transactions, an EMV "chip" for the latest card readers, and RFID so you can replace your office building’s ID card."
On the Wires:
- WePay Launches Industry’s Most Seamless White Label Payment Service - "WePay Clear provides platforms — crowdfunding sites, online marketplaces, and business software — with all of the tools they need to enable their users to accept payments, including merchant onboarding, credit card processing, and payouts."
- Zapp partners with leading retailers to bring mobile payments to millions of shoppers - "Five of the most customer-focused and innovative retailers across a range of sectors lead the way - Asda, Sainsbury’s, House of Fraser, Thomas Cook and Shop Direct (including the very.co.uk, Littlewoods, Isme, Woolworths.co.uk and K&Co brands)"
- Pinnacle Corporation, Sionic Mobile Partner to Launch Beacon Based Mobile Payments and Loyalty Rewards for Fuel Retailers - "Using Bluetooth beacons for pump authorizations, customers can quickly and easily pay for fuel with a few taps on their phones. Leveraging fully encrypted and tokenized mobile payments, the process is more secure than traditional card swipe methods, protecting both the user and fuel retailer against fraudulent activity."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook's Payments in Europe Workshop: Oct 9 in Palo Alto, CA
- Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camps: Oct 21-22 in New York, NY; Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop: Nov 19 in New York, NY
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews