ON THE WEB
- Why your wallet is becoming the next platform - TechCrunch (Alex Rampell) - "Given the size of the market, it’s a question of when, not if, this will happen."
- Discover CEO endorses PIN security for EMV cards - RetailDive - "Technically Discover supports the chip-and-signature for its credit cards at the moment, but Nelms said that with some cards requiring PINs and others just signatures, the environment is becoming more confusing for consumers..."
ON THE WIRES
- The Clearing House and FIS Submit Joint Proposal to Fed’s Faster Payments Task Force - “TCH is implementing a foundational clearing and settlement system whose core attributes will enable financial institutions to develop innovative new products for their customers,” said Jim Aramanda, CEO of The Clearing House. “We know that if our system meets the needs of customers in terms of innovative services, speed, efficiency, and security there is no reason it won’t also align with the Task Force’s criteria.”
- CPA Leads Transition to Electronic Payments with Launch of Global Messaging Standard in Canada - “Our participant financial institutions endorse ISO 20022 because it is clear that consumers and businesses alike will benefit from exchanging more data with electronic payments,” said Gerry Gaetz, President and CEO of the CPA. “The adoption of ISO 20022 will enable the Canadian financial community to provide better service, both domestically and across borders, to their customers.”
- Dynamic Scrip Introduces ‘Dynamic Pay’ Mobile Rewards Program - "As one of the largest mobile payment retail networks in the country, Dynamic Pay offers up to 10% cash back to consumers for everyday purchases at over 200 national retailers spanning more than 300,000 locations around the U.S."
- First Data’s Transformation Includes Major Strides in Diversity Programs & Recognition - "For the second consecutive year, First Data was named one of the Top 25 Noteworthy companies for diversity, a list cultivated from a pool of more than 1,800 companies."
- TSYS Extends Payments Agreement with HealthEquity - “Our renewed partnership with TSYS will enable us to continue to grow our business quickly and efficiently,” said Jon Soldan, executive vice president of Operations at HealthEquity. “We look forward to working in partnership with TSYS to provide industry-leading service for our partners.”
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!