On the Web:
- Visa to Acquire TrialPay - "Acquiring TrialPay will dramatically strengthen our ability to offer merchants a way to send highly-customized, real-time offers to consumers. To-date, more than 500 million users and 10,000 merchants in 180 countries have used TrialPay, generating hundreds of millions of new transactions for merchants big and small."
- Apple Watch will replace your car keys, says Tim Cook - Telegraph - "Crucially, Cook believes that the Apple Watch will help create a new blockbuster product category."
- Ecuador launches new digital currency – but most residents know little about it - Guardian - "As with other mobile payment programmes, text messages will allow users to make payments to other accounts, but what makes this plan different is that this is the first time a national government will have full control; everything from the creation of new units to securing the system against attack will be managed by the Central Bank of Ecuador."
- Virgin America ups stake in mcommerce with Visa Checkout integration - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Virgin America is the first United States airline to integrate with Visa Checkout..."
- The Lessons the Banking System Has to Learn From Bitcoin - NewsBTC - "With that said, bitcoin is still not the perfect way to transfer money. While it can be uncrackable, unexploitable and incredibly secure it lacks simplicity."
- Digital Wallets: End of the Beginning or Beginning of the End? - Wired - "We are confident this is the beginning of the end of the battle for digital wallet dominance and not another end of the beginning."
- Would you let card companies track your smartphone to fight fraud? - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - "Visa has said it wouldn’t use the data for marketing or any other purpose except for fraud detection."
- In restructuring, Heartland Payment slashes most of Cambridge-based Leaf team - "Tough end for what was once a promising startup in the local payment tech sector…"
On the Wires:
- Visa to Acquire TrialPay - "As a payments technology partner to merchants globally, Visa will integrate TrialPay into its product portfolio as a simple, cost-effective way to help merchants acquire customers, drive traffic, and increase sales by reaching Visa cardholders with targeted offers."
- CaixaBank develops new biometrics-based financial services - "CaixaBank launches the first application in Europe to support online banking transactions using voice commands. This represents the bank’s first service to explore the possibilities offered by biometrics to enhance customer interaction with banking channels."
- American Express Adds New Benefits to Premier Rewards Gold Card - “We’re making one of our most popular cards even better. This latest investment for our Premier Rewards Gold Card Members is designed to deepen our relationship by providing more value in the areas they spend most -- from everyday spending on things like gas and groceries, to dining and larger travel purchases,” said Lisa Durocher, SVP, Consumer Charge Cards & Benefits at American Express.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Schedule Now Available!
- Our payments education schedule for this year is now available. Our spring Payments Boot Camp sessions begin in Menlo Park, CA on March 3-4 followed by New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding two one-day Insight Workshops this spring - B2B Payments on March 5 in Menlo Park and Faster Payments on April 16 in New York City.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews