On the Web:
- The South Korean Card Market’s Fascinating Structure - PaymentsViews.com (Allen Weinberg) - "Amongst all of those countries, I have to admit to a special fascination with the South Korean market. With a population of 50 million people and some 20 million households, the Korean market is highly penetrated by electronic payments."
- 3 Million Customer Credit, Debit Cards Stolen in Michaels, Aaron Brothers Breaches - Krebs on Security - "Nationwide arts and crafts chain Michaels Stores Inc. said today that two separate eight-month-long security breaches at its stores last year may have exposed as many as 3 million customer credit and debit cards."
On the Wires:
- Michaels Identifies and Contains Previously Announced Data Security Issue - "After weeks of analysis, the Company discovered evidence confirming that systems of Michaels stores in the United States and its subsidiary, Aaron Brothers, were attacked by criminals using highly sophisticated malware that had not been encountered previously by either of the security firms."
- Clean, Crisp, Fewer Clicks: the Redesigned Chase Mobile® App for iPhone® - “We are upgrading the Chase Mobile App because our customers are increasingly engaged in digital banking,” said Gavin Michael, head of Digital for Consumer and Community Banking at Chase.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- Glenbrook Payments Insights Workshops: Data in Payments, April 22 in Mountain View, CA; Innovation in Payments, May 8 in Palo Alto, CA; Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond, June 25 in New York City.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews