ON THE WEB
- Credit Cards Encourage Extra Spending as the Cash Habit Fades Away - New York Times - "Incentives like frequent-flier miles or rewards points only amplify a temptation that banks and financial services companies have been profiting from for decades."
- Ethereum, a Virtual Currency, Enables Transactions That Rival Bitcoin’s - New York Times -" "Even as Bitcoin, riven by internal divisions, has struggled, a rival virtual currency — known as Ethereum — has soared in value, climbing 1,000 percent over the last three months."
- Fast-growing Klarna expanding its role easing e-commerce - Columbus Dispatch - "In slightly more than a year, the Columbus headquarters has grown from a handful of employees to 85 and is expected to have several hundred employees in the next year and as many as 500 in the next three years."
- Announcing a $900,000 Bitcoin Developer Fund - Brian Forde (MIT) - "The goal of the fund is to cover salaries, travel and overall support of Bitcoin protocol development efforts, including events like the Scaling Bitcoin workshop series."
- First National, First Data team up to offer ‘private-label’ credit cards - Omaha Herald - "The bank in June will begin issuing “private-label” credit cards to customers of QuikTrip, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma."
- Searching for Sundar Pichai - BuzzFeed - "Pichai was promoted to Google’s top job in August, following a massive restructuring that created a new holding company, Alphabet."
ON THE WIRES
- We found nothing worth sharing today!
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!