On the Web
- Quick-service restaurants like Taco Bell are using mobile commerce apps to drive higher order values and boost sales/a> - Business Insider - "Taco Bell's app orders are 20% higher on average compared to in-store because consumers are more likely to add toppings to their orders or send in group orders via the app."
- Help Determine the Payment and Fraud Data You See Reported - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta - "Stepping back from the specifics of card fraud, I would like to encourage readers to send comments on our prospective survey instruments that were recently posted in the Federal Register."
- 10M+ People Use One Touch™ Just Six Months After Launch - PayPal Blog - "Unlike new checkout tools that require a login and password, once a customer opts in, One Touch authenticates customer credentials for up to six months so that people don’t need to even log in to check out."
- Inside PayPal's Command Center - Fast Company - "I’m sitting in the "War Room" at PayPal’s headquarters in San Jose, California, talking to Sri Shivananda, the company's VP of global platform and infrastructure. "
- How Apple’s Trojan horse will eat the credit card industry - Washington Post (Vivek Wadhwa) - "Once Apple has established its platform, it won’t need the banks and credit cards any more. It will be able take advantage of another new technology, the blockchain, to offer an alternative payment option."
- TransferWise in talks with UK banks to embed service in apps - FT.com - "The company said it was in negotiations with both established banks and “challenger” brands, but declined to comment further."
On the Wires
- Credibly and JetPay Announce Strategic Partnership - "The partnership gives JetPay’s distribution network streamlined access to Credibly’s lending platform, providing more capital for their U.S.-based small business clients."
- CashStar Survey Reveals that Gift Cards Top Holiday Shopping Lists, but are Often Last-Minute Purchases - "The survey revealed that 61 percent of online holiday shoppers knew as early as December 1 that they were going to purchase gift cards this season. Yet, despite knowing this, nearly 70 percent of shoppers admitted they would wait until the last minute to purchase them."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: firstname.lastname@example.org!