ON THE WEB
- Facebook Could Blow Up Credit Cards and Make Loans to Billions - Newsweek - "Facebook is reportedly going to give its Messenger app the ability to make payments, much like Apple Pay or Android Pay. This direction became evident way back in 2014, when Facebook hired mobile payments whiz David Markus away from PayPal to run Messenger."
- Fingerprints to be tested as ‘currency’ - The Japan News - "The government hopes to increase the number of foreign tourists by using the system to prevent crime and relieve users from the necessity of carrying cash or credit cards. It aims to realize the system by the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games."
- Should retailers work with Amazon Payments? - Retail Wire - "It's easy to think of Amazon as a big bad competitor, and that's true," Josh Harbour, co-owner of e-tailer Red Dress Boutique, which has been using Amazon Payments. "But merchants have to find ways to compete with them in some areas and work with them, too."
ON THE WIRES
- AOC Solutions Introduces New Processing Platform for Virtual Payments - “Transact Global is designed to meet a growing market need for more efficient, more effective and less costly methods for virtual payment processing."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in May - both in Palo Alto, CA - we hope to see you there!
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!