On the Web:
- Bitcoin Regulation Bill Approved by Californian State Assembly - CoinDesk - "Formulated by Assemblyman Matt Dababneh, chairman of California's Banking and Finance Committee, bill AB-1326 was approved following a 55-22 vote in favour."
- Mobile Money for the Unbanked - GSMA Blog - "Most mobile money services operate as independent schemes with little or no ability to transact with other mobile money services. As a result, the value they provide is severely limited compared to other services than operate without geographical constraints."
- Communications giant's investment arm bets on Austin software startup - Austin Business Journal - "Verizon Ventures disclosed Wednesday that it is one of the investors backing software maker SimplyTapp Inc."
On the Wires:
- Global Payments Partners with Virtual Next to Offer Mobile Payment, Gift and Loyalty Solution to Canadian Merchants - “This is a very exciting opportunity for both Virtual Next and Global Payments in the mobile payments space,” said Bijan Shahrokhi, President of Virtual Next. “Apple and Google are providing the digital wallets of the future. We are proud to take the lead in enabling our merchants to accept payment via both Apple’s and Google’s digital wallets.”
- Powa Technologies, S-Cubism Technologies and Billing System Corporation Partner to Bring PowaPOS to Japan - “Powa has created the most sophisticated and revolutionary fixed tablet point of sale platform available, which will help us serve the growing demand for tablet-based solutions,” said Kenji Hosoda, CTO, S-Cubism Technologies. “The fully integrated hardware and advanced SDK combine to help us create a solution that will easily meet the needs of the Japanese retail marketplace.”
- Kraken Bitcoin Exchange Launches Margin Trading - "Kraken, a San Francisco-based Bitcoin exchange, is pleased to announce the launch of margin trading. Margin is an exciting instrument that allows clients to amplify their trading profits and gain in both up and down markets."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews