On the Web:
- Mt. Gox Says It Has Found 200,000 Bitcoins Worth About $114 Million - New York Times - "The latest announcement is likely to add to the questions about Mt. Gox’s collapse. Even the company said that it was still uncertain about what led up to its failure."
- PayPal Expands Its In-App Pay At Table And Order Ahead Services In UK - TechCrunch - "Both Pay At Table and Order Ahead were announced last year in the U.S."
- Google Wallet distances itself from NFC with Sionic Mobile integration - Mobile Commerce Daily - “I think NFC has held the mobile payments industry back as a whole,” said Ronald Herman, CEO of Sionic Mobile, Atlanta, GA.
- Starbucks locks in on streamlined app experience to grow mobile revenue - Mobile Commerce Daily - "With mobile now accounting for 14 percent of Starbucks’ sales in the United States, the company is looking for next-generation application features to keep the brand ahead of the curve."
- Target Hack to Hit the Big Screen in Sony Movie Deal - NBC News - "A biopic would be a whole new level of fame for Krebs if the Sony movie does make it to the silver screen."
On the Wires:
- Visa and PULSE Agree on EMV Common Debit Solution - "Visa Inc. and PULSE, a Discover Financial Services company, announced an agreement to enable financial institutions that issue EMV debit cards on both the Visa and PULSE networks to use Visa’s common debit solution."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: May 6-7 and Oct 7-8 in Palo Alto, CA.; Aug 5-6 in San Jose, CA.
- The Kindle edition of our book "Payments Systems in the U.S. - Second Edition" - is now available in the Kindle Store as well as in an iBooks version for your iPad or Mac in the iBooks Store.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Got news? Please forward press releases to: email@example.com.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews