On the Web:
- The Future of Payment Security: Tokenization - Emerging Payments Strategies (Jay Weber) - "The benefits of tokenization far outweigh the barriers to adoption as exhibited by the monetary losses associated with security breaches at major retailers. While it’s a step in the right direction, is tokenization really going to be the universal standard going forward?"
- Amazon Rewards Visa Cards Now Compatible With Apple Pay - TechCrunch - "Amazon said it would be making its Rewards Visa from Chase compatible with the new Apple Pay system earlier this week..."
- Tim Cook says Apple working on bringing Apple Pay to China - iMore.com - "Tim Cook reiterated the importance of the Chinese market on the last day of his trip to China, saying that Apple wants everything they do to work in the country."
- Cardtronics’ New Skyscraper ATMs Link a Mobile App With Merchant Rewards - Digital Transactions - "Retail ATM network owner and operator Cardtronics Inc. is testing ATMs as tall as nine feet that offer discounts to consumers..."
On the Wires:
- Digital River Announces Agreement to be Acquired by Investor Group Led by Siris Capital Group for $26.00 per Share in Cash - “We are pleased to have reached this agreement with Siris, which provides significant value to our shareholders and represents a clear endorsement of our transformation strategy, our industry leading ecommerce and payments solutions, our 1,300 global experts and our deep commitment to clients,” said David Dobson, Digital River’s CEO.
- First Data Introduces New Beacon Technology to Enhance Mobile Loyalty for Local Merchants - “By connecting merchants and consumers in a seamless way at the point of sale, the Perka solution enables even the smallest store to design a customized marketing and loyalty program,” said Guy Chiarello, First Data president.
- MasterCard Nearby Launched as the Essential Companion App for Apple Pay Users - "Available on the App Store, the MasterCard Nearby App enables on-the-go consumers to easily find the more than 220,000 merchants in the United States – including Subway, Toys R’ Us, Walgreens, Whole Foods Market and all Apple Store retail locations – that accept contactless payments."
- North American Bancard Acquires Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX) - “I see EPX as a hidden jewel. Aquiring the technology to bring processsing in-house is a significant opportunity for this organization. Not only is there potential for an eight figure annual cost savings but this move also brings us the ability to further expand EPX’s card acceptance platform in Latin America and Europe where they enjoy extensive processing relationships today,” said Marc Gardner, Founder, President, and CEO of NAB.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews