On the Web:
- Glenbrook’s Elizabeth McQuerry is IPFA CEO - PaymentsViews.com (Elizabeth McQuerry) - "Glenbrook is delighted to announce that our partner Elizabeth McQuerry has been named to the position of CEO of IPFA, the International Payments Framework Association. IPFA will play an important role as real-time payments networks around the world start being connected in order to facilitate cross-border payments. Elizabeth will incorporate this work into her ongoing work with Glenbrook on a broad range of international payments projects".
- Gates Foundation: Lessons Learned About Payments Systems - Ripple Blog - "The Gates Foundation recently published a comprehensive report on designing payments systems for financial inclusion called The Level One Project Guide."
- NY Financial Regulator Lawsky Releases Final BitLicense Rules for Bitcoin Firms - Wall St. Journal - "The new rules, posted simultaneously on the Department of Financial Services’ website, require certain providers of virtual currency services operating in New York state—in particular, those with custody of customers’ funds and which exchange virtual currencies for dollars and other fiat currencies—to apply for a specially tailored DFS license."
- Our thoughts on the BitLicense: California is Winning - Coin Center - "The current draft of California’s equivalent legislation, AB 1326, is much better than the BitLicense."
On the Wires:
- Visa Inc. and Verifone Join Forces to Accelerate Omni Commerce Globally - "As part of the partnership, the companies will integrate industry leading platforms: Verifone will connect its point of sale gateway to Visa’s CyberSource global merchant payment management platform. This will provide merchants with a single platform to protect customer payment data, mitigate fraud, and integrate digital and offline payment systems."
- Visa and FireEye Join Forces to Help Merchants, Financial Institutions Defend Against Targeted Attacks on Consumer Payment Data - "By combining Visa’s unparalleled view into global payments and FireEye’s industry-leading cyber security expertise, we intend to bring faster, actionable intelligence directly to players across the payments system,” said Charlie Scharf, CEO of Visa Inc. “Although we are leading efforts to render stolen data useless through smart technologies, data security remains foundational for merchants. We’re pleased to be working closely with FireEye, which has been at the front lines identifying and investigating some of the most significant compromises around the world, to provide critical cyber intelligence to merchants and financial institutions.”
- Payoneer Expands Services in India, Offering Improved Cross-Border Payments from U.S. Companies to Indian Professionals and Businesses - “At Payoneer, we make it our mission to empower global commerce by enabling businesses and professionals to pay and get paid globally as easily they do locally,” said Scott Galit, CEO of Payoneer. “Previously, Indian freelancers, online marketers and other professionals faced high fees and slow transfer times, and our cross-border payments platform directly addresses these challenges.”
- MasterCard Becomes First International Payments Network to Enter Somalia - “Somalia has made significant strides to rebuild the country and instil peace and stability. Today marks a historic milestone, signalling Somalia’s financial liberation following years of being excluded from participating in the global economy,” says Abdirahman Yusuf Ali Aynte, the Minister of Planning and International Cooperation of Somalia.
- Bitfinex and BitGo Partner to Create World’s First Real-Time Proof of Reserve Bitcoin Exchange - “We’ve been working with Bitfinex for several months and are impressed by their dedication to security for their users,” said BitGo CEO Mike Belshe. “The industry has been clamoring for exchanges to adopt the multi-sig model, and we’re proud that Bitfinex selected BitGo’s platform to do it. This new level of transparency and security makes breaches such as those of Mt. Gox impossible.”
- American Express and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Enhance Cobrand Credit Card Benefits - “The SPG Credit Card from American Express has always been a favorite among travel insiders, and the new benefits will deliver even greater value to the ‘always on’ traveler,” said Eva Reda, SVP, Co-brand Partnerships. “We understand what our Card Members want most, and we know the enhanced card will offer the convenience and value they seek.”
- The Gold Standard Just Got Better; American Express Launches New Dining and Travel Benefits for Premier Rewards Gold Card - “The Premier Rewards Gold Card is the card for people hitting their stride in life and defining their own success. They seek and strive for the gold standard in their personal and professional pursuits. They’re making moves in their careers, but also prioritizing family and friends,” said Lisa Durocher, senior vice president, Consumer Charge Cards & Benefits at American Express. “Whether they’re traveling, dining out or cooking at home, the Premier Rewards Gold Card now gives them even richer rewards, with the flexibility, service, and security they need to keep life moving forward.”
- U.S. Bank Upgrades Its Corporate Payments Mobile App - "Users can now request virtual card accounts and have them delivered right to their mobile devices to make payments."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for August 4-5 in Mountain View, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on August 6 on the topic of Data in Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events.
Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews