ON THE WEB
- Scheming and Processing – Faster - PaymentsViews.com (Bryan Derman) - "The interesting question that we will be monitoring as these systems develop is how they find their place among other payment methods and compete for the volume available in a range of payment domains, from P2P to consumer bill payment, to business payments and even onto POS and remote commerce transactions."
- Amazon India planning to launch digital wallet - Economic Times - "Former Citibanker Sriraman Jagannathan, whom Amazon India hired in February to head its payments business, is likely to spearhead the launch of the digital wallet..."
- Gift Cards Feel Pinch of New Rules - Wall St. Journal - "Historically, the cost of that fraud was borne by the financial institutions that issued the credit cards. That changed in October, when new card-industry rules went into effect ..."
- Square launches payments in Australia, its first country expansion in nearly three years - TechCrunch - "Square, which went public last year and operates in four countries, partnered with payment enabler Cuscal for the launch."
ON THE WIRES
- Village Capital and PayPal Strengthen Relationship to Improve Access to Financial Services Across the Globe - “At PayPal, we believe that affordable, convenient and secure financial services should be a right for everyone, and not a privilege for the affluent,” said Franz Paasche, VP of Corporate Affairs at PayPal. “Through our expanded relationship with Village Capital, we’re pleased to help build a more supportive ecosystem for FinTech social impact entrepreneurs, which we see as critical to our vision of improving the financial health of underserved individuals and businesses around the world.”
- Bill.com Introduces First Payments Network Uniting Banks and Businesses in the Cloud - "Bill.com introduces the Network as the company reaches critical mass, surpassing the 1 million member mark and $25 billion in annual transactions. Through the Network, Bill.com connects businesses and banks in the cloud, enabling faster and lower-cost payments and improved collaboration to bring digital business payments into the 21st century."
- Immediate Funds from Fiserv Offers Financial Institutions the Ability to Expedite the Movement of Money When Customers Need It Most - "With Immediate Funds, financial institutions can offer customers immediate access to funds from checks deposited through a teller, a mobile device or an ATM. The solution utilizes a patented decision engine to help determine funds availability, while providing protection against return losses and greatly improving the customer experience."
- ExxonMobil Launches Speedpass+ Mobile Payment App with Apple Pay - "The Speedpass+ mobile payment app is available as a free download, and may also be linked to checking accounts or other major credit and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and ExxonMobil cards—giving customers choice in how to pay. Customers who select Apple Pay, which is secure and easy to set up, will continue to receive all of the rewards and benefits offered by their credit and debit cards."
- Xoom Partners with National Bank of Pakistan to Offer Same-Day Deposits - "Deposits to NBP accounts will arrive the same day when sent Monday-Friday by 4:30 p.m. PKT."
- ShopKeep Rolls Out New Perks for Small Business Merchants - "ShopKeep’s merchants will be able to access and set-up services from Site Booster, Gmail, LegalZoom and PEX from within ShopKeep’s iPad POS app to further help them run a smarter small business."
- Jack Henry & Associates Partners with The Clearing House to Grow Ubiquity of Real-Time Payments - According to Steve Ledford, SVP, product and strategy at The Clearing House, "This new partnership with Jack Henry is a significant step in meeting our goal of ubiquity for real-time payments. JHA Payment Solutions has a proven track record of delivering cutting edge innovative solutions to its vast network of bank and credit union clients, so we are excited that they chose to team up with us to support our real-time payment system."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming up in early April - both in New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - New York City - April 5-6
- Insight Workshop - New York City - Global Payments - April 7
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!