On the web:
- Adobe Breach Inadvertently Tied to Other Accounts - New York Times Bits Blog - "“I’ve been able to break roughly one out of every six passwords I attack."
- The Winklevosses: Bitcoin worth 100 times more - CNBC Squawk Box - "The bull case scenario is a $400 billion market cap. So the market cap is around $4 billion right now," Tyler Winklevoss said in an interview at the Dealbook conference that aired on CNBC's "Squawk Box."
- Target Fills Its Cart With Some of Amazon's Tricks - Wall St. Journal - "...the Red Card, which offers discounts, now accounts for more than 20% of purchases and is growing ahead of expectations."
- Still a touchy subject it seems - Tomorrow's Transactions Blog - "The press articles around contactless are noise obscuring the real issue. Indeed, contactless transactions are much more secure than any other non-chip based transaction."
- itBit Raises $3.25 Million To Launch A New Global Bitcoin Exchange For Institutional Investors - TechCrunch - "This newest Bitcoin exchange has raised $3.25 million in a funding round co-led by Canaan Partners and RRE Ventures, with participation from Liberty City Ventures..."
- Capital One Launches SureSwipe for Gesture-Based Mobile Login - NetBanker - "While none of my financial providers has done away with the password entirely, Capital One just rolled out something pretty close, a password substitute that uses a pre-set gesture on the touchscreen to log in..."
On the wires:
- Fiserv Selects iovation to Support Multilayered Security Strategy - "We selected iovation through a rigorous evaluation process, and our team assessed ReputationManager 360 as the leading solution for endpoint analytics."
- Study: SMB Merchants Showing Greater Payment Security Awareness but Significant Challenges, Misconceptions Remain - "ControlScan and Merchant Warehouse have jointly released the results of their fifth annual survey of Level 4 merchants’ awareness, sentiment and progress toward securing cardholder data in compliance with payment card industry (PCI) standards."
- Fifth Third Bank Introduces Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card To Drive Additional Funding for Cancer Research - “We are proud to help more consumers join in the fight against cancer by taking an everyday behavior like swiping your MasterCard and turning it into something quite meaningful,” said Julie Joseforsky, senior vice president and head of Bankcard for Fifth Third Bank.
- Thales helps accelerate mobile point of sale (mPOS) market - "By working with leading mobile card reader providers such as Magtek, Miura Systems and Spire Payments, and mPOS application providers such as Creditcall, to integrate hardware-based encryption and key management technologies, Thales technology creates a secure infrastructure for mPOS."
- JadooTV Expands Globally with BlueSnap’s Flexible, Localized Online Payment Processing Solution - “As a global payment service provider, we are able to fully localize the experience for customers around the world, helping merchants like JadooTV break into new markets, reach new customers and increase profitability,” said Ralph Dangelmaier, CEO of BlueSnap.
- Moneris launches PAYD PRO, Canada’s first debit-enabled mobile payment service - "In contrast to existing mobile POS solutions that plug directly into a smartphone, PAYD PRO is a mobile application that uses Bluetooth technology to connect a lightweight and portable companion device to any Apple® iOS and Google® Android™ smartphone."
- ProPay Expands Global Ecommerce Solution - "ProPay, a TSYS company and industry leader in merchant services, payment security and mobile payments, today announced the launch of Shop in Your Currency™, a multi-currency processing solution powered by Planet Payment, for ProPay merchants."
- mopay Signs Deal with One of Europe’s Largest Video Online Stores, maxdome - "Paying with a mobile phone for each download is a quicker and much more convenient payment experience."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Looking for consulting help from Glenbrook? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join Glenbrook's Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness for our Glenbrook Payments Boot Camp on December 10-11th in Palo Alto, California!
- Glenbrook's Jacqueline Chilton will be speaking social media and payments at the W.net Northern California LINC Networking event being held November 14 at Google.
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews