On the Web
- Tech Industry Leaders Launch Coalition to Advocate for Policies to Foster Innovation in Financial Services - "Technology industry leaders Amazon, Apple, Google, Intuit and PayPal today announced the formation of Financial Innovation Now, a coalition that will promote policies to help foster greater innovation in financial services."
- USAA and Coinbase Partner to Bring Bitcoin to USAA Members - Coinbase Blog - "We’re excited to announce that USAA has launched a pilot that allows a limited group of USAA members to view their bitcoin balance on USAA.com and the USAA Mobile App. This pilot was rolled out to USAA employees in September and is now being extended to a select group of USAA members."
- MoneyGram: Bitcoin Will Fail to Disrupt Remittances - CoinDesk - “We don’t see bitcoin in particular as a solution today to be able to one disrupt us or provide a better or different service,” he adds.
- Adyen CEO: Banks Have Lost The Payment Battle - Informal - "It is really not a great time to be a bank, says Pieter van der Does, co-founder, CEO and president of Amsterdam-based payments company Adyen, at least not in the payments space."
- How Carders Can Use eBay as a Virtual ATM - Krebs on Security - "So-called “triangulation fraud” — scammers using stolen cards to buy merchandise won at auction by other eBay members — is not a new scam. But it’s a crime that’s getting more sophisticated and automated..."
On the Wires
- American Express and Airbnb Launch First-of-Its-Kind Booking Experience and American Express Loyalty Program Integration for Card Members - “We welcome millions of Amex Card Members to belong anywhere with Airbnb,” said Lex Bayer, Head of Global Payments and Business Development, Airbnb. “Whether staying at a bungalow in Bali with Membership Rewards points, or a business trip to London with your Amex Card, this partnership makes booking an Airbnb in over 190 countries seamless and allows Card Members to be verified with their American Express login within the trusted community of Airbnb.”
- Fiserv and Early Warning Partner to Enable Real-Time Bill Payment and Real-Time Deposit Services for U.S. Financial Institutions - "The partnership between Fiserv and Early Warning brings together the leading provider of electronic bill payment and the leading provider of real-time deposit account verification and funds availability to enable broader consumer access to real-time services through their financial institutions. Combined, the Fiserv and Early Warning networks reach more than 6,000 banks and credit unions, including the 40 largest financial institutions in the U.S. and thousands of mid-size and community financial institutions, representing more than 75 percent of all deposit accounts in the U.S. The NOW Network from Fiserv also connects to tens of thousands of billers."
- Intuit’s New Banking Integration Technology Can Make Accounting More Accurate and Seamless - “This new bank feeds technology is all about leveraging the power of our platform to save small businesses time by automating the process of entering data into QuickBooks,” said Avi Golan, vice president and general manager of the Intuit Developer Group. “We’re pleased to be working with American Express to enable American Express OPEN Card Members to be the first to benefit from this new technology. This is a great example of how our open platform approach allows us to partner with leading companies who can help small businesses be more efficient and effective.”
- Fractals Delivers Intelligent Card and eBanking Fraud Detection for the Enterprise - "Fractals’ new eBanking channel brings the intelligent fraud detection functionality of Fractals to the internet and mobile banking space. As well as monitoring financial transactions, such as payments and transfers, Fractals also monitors non-financial transactions, including login attempts, changes of personal data and creation of new recipients which might indicate fraud on an account."
- MasterCard Names Craig Vosburg, President, North America Markets, Succeeding Chris McWilton - "Vosburg, 48, was most recently the company’s chief product officer, a role he held since April 1, 2014. In this role, he led the development, commercialization and management of the company’s global Core Products offerings which include consumer credit and debit, commercial, prepaid and loyalty solutions."
- Catherine Moore named President for Commerce Solutions, Europe, for J.P. Morgan - “Catherine is an outstanding leader and an experienced manager whose wealth of knowledge and insight into the payments industry and this region will be invaluable in our drive to boost our current market position, enable our clients to grow, and make the most of new business opportunities throughout Europe,” said Michael K. Passilla, CEO for Chase Commerce Solutions.
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digital Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!