On the web:
- US payment regulation should be more like European payment regulation - Tomorrow's Transactions - "We have to make it easier for new entrants while at the same time protecting the public, and creating separate regulated non-bank institutions is a good way to do it."
- Four reasons why Apple’s Passbook is growing on retailers - GigaOm - "...nearly 10 months since Passbook’s launch, CashStar released data claiming that about one-third of all digital gift cards that are sent to someone are opened on a smartphone, two-thirds of which are iOS 6 devices."
- Vocalink to launch Zapp mobile payments scheme - FT.com - “The zeitgeist is that the world is exploring ways of going straight to the bank account,” said Dave Birch, a consultant at Consult Hyperion."
- Retailers in Brazil More Resistant to Mobile Payments Than Consumers - eMarketer - "Despite the growing enthusiasm among consumers, however, abecs found that only 1% of retailers in urban Brazil accepted mobile payments, and that 83% had no plans to incorporate the payment method into their businesses."
On the wires:
- peerTransfer Raises $6.4 Million to Fuel Global Expansion and New Products - "By partnering directly with universities, colleges, and K-12 schools, peerTransfer can provide a more streamlined payment process and help solve the complexities associated with international payments."
- GoBank Ready for the Masses: Award-Winning Bank Account Now Available on Mobile Phones Nationwide - "Firstly, GoBank is a feat of technology that brings traditional bank accounts into the era of the app. Secondly, GoBank is a feat of consumerism that offers consumers a wide array of features and services with fair, simple and transparent pricing."
- TaxiRadar™ Released as First Mobile Smart Meter System in DC - "For passengers, the TaxiRadar E-hail smart phone app allows users to see the GPS location of available taxis in real-time and to hail one with one-touch. The taxi “sees” the users’ location and the user continuously “sees” the taxi’s location as it approaches."
- American Express Names Brett Loper SVP, Government Affairs - "Mr. Loper served as Deputy Chief of Staff and Policy Director for Speaker of the House John Boehner, where he led all legislative and policy strategy, and directed the work of 10 policy experts."
- Gemalto enables EMV payment for Telefónica-MasterCard joint venture in Brazil - "With “Zuum”, Telefónica’s Vivo customers will be able to set up a pre-paid account which can be accessed either through their mobile phone or a regular prepaid EMV MasterCard payment card, provided by Gemalto."
- VeriFone and Lenovo to Deliver Windows-based Mobile Point-of-Sale Platform - "The mPOS platform integrates a ThinkPad™ Tablet 2 based on the Intel® Atom™ Z2760 processor with VeriFone’s secure PAYware Mobile technology designed exclusively for the Lenovo tablet."
- ACI Worldwide Bolsters Online and Mobile Fraud Management Capabilities - "Release 8.2 offers unprecedented flexibility in monitoring both online and mobile channels, as well as wholesale transactions including wire and ACH for potential fraud."
Upcoming from Glenbrook:
- Summer Camp! - A special summer session of our popular Payments Boot Camp - in Half Moon Bay on August 6th and 7th... Also, an optional half day course on Data In Payments - August 8th, also in Half Moon Bay. Join Carol, Scott and Russ for lively, interactive sessions - register now!
- Follow Glenbrook Partners on LinkedIn! -