On the Web:
- Bitcoin Technology Piques Interest on Wall St. - New York Times - "Many in the financial industry hope they can find a way to use the blockchain concept — what is often referred to as a distributed ledger — without using the blockchain associated with Bitcoin."
- Ingenico Said to Join Bidding for U.K. Payments Firm Worldpay - Bloomberg - "Ingenico Group, a French payments-processing company, has joined the race to buy Worldpay Ltd. ahead of a planned initial public offering by the U.K. rival, according to a person familiar with the matter."
- Payments firm iZettle raises 60 million euro, starts financing service - Reuters - "The firm, a maker of payment card readers for smartphones and tablets, said on Friday that the capital injection was led by previous investors Intel Capital and Zouk Capital. The funds will be used to support the expansion of the new service, called iZettle Advance, and boost growth in iZettle's existing business."
On the Wires:
- Payments UK Publishes Vision for Maintaining World Class Payments in the UK - "Today (28 August 2015) Payments UK publishes its initial report on its World Class Payments project – setting out its vision of the enhancements that would ensure that payments in the UK continue to be world class."
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for October 13-14 in Palo Alto, California followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on October 15 on the topic of Global Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!