ON THE WEB
- Home Depot Files Antitrust Lawsuit Against Visa, MasterCard - Wall St. Journal -"This time, the do-it-yourself retailer also contends that Visa and MasterCard colluded to prevent the adoption of new chip-based cards that require consumers to enter a personal identification number, or PIN, to authorize a transaction."
- Visa Defends Fees in Wal-Mart Canada Dispute - "In an advertisement to be published in Canadian newspapers on Thursday, the payments network said it is disappointed that Wal-Mart is threatening to stop accepting Visa at its stores."
- Wells Fargo’s new credit card comes with mobile-enabled tracking - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Cash Track is a subset of Wells Fargo’s online banking, available exclusively to new credit card Cash Wise members, and allows customers to view rewards, set goals, track progress and view lifetime rewards on their mobile devices."
ON THE WIRES
- Visa to Help Accelerate EMV Chip Migration and Support Merchants - "Visa has streamlined its testing requirements, amended and simplified the terminal certification process, and committed to investing further resources and technical expertise in a manner that can reduce timeframes by as much as 50 percent. Visa is also making policy changes to help limit exposure to counterfeit fraud liability for merchants who are not yet chip-ready."
- Walmart Introduces Walmart Pay in Georgia - "With this launch, Walmart becomes the only retailer to offer its own payment solution that works with any iOS or Android device*, at any checkout lane, and with any major credit, debit, pre-paid or Walmart gift card – all through the Walmart mobile app."
- Payments Canada, Bank of Canada Research Highlights Global Trend Towards Faster Payments - "The research, Clearing and Settlement Systems from Around the World: A Qualitative Analysis, identifies a series of commonalities between jurisdictions with modernized payment systems, but reveals there is no “one size fits all” approach to modernizing payments. Each country’s path to modernization is unique, shaped by local public policy priorities, user needs and legacy payment systems."
- Chase Customers Can Now Send Money to More People in Real Time - "Chase customers sent $20 billion in person-to-person transactions through Chase QuickPay last year. Real-time transactions with customers of other participating banks will be available soon through the clearXchange™ network from Early Warning, which currently reaches up to 65% of the digital banking population in the U.S."
- Consumers Respond to Apple Pay Messaging with More Payments - "According to early results, USAT believes that smartphone users shown digital advertising at point-of-sale through the ePort Interactive platform are more apt to pull out their iPhone to make a purchase, and even spend more during the transaction."
- Ingenico Group and nanoPay Corporation Partner to Enable Canadian Retailers to Accept MintChip Digital Cash - "Ingenico Group embraces innovative solutions in Canada that expand our reach to a new generation of digital customers," said Suzan Denoncourt, Managing Director, Canada for Ingenico Group. "This partnership further reinforces our leadership position in payments technology by enabling MintChip digital cash transactions for the thousands of retailers using our smart terminals across Canada."
- Ally Bank Introduces the Ally CashBack Credit Card - "We are confident the Ally CashBack Credit Card's rewards structure will resonate with customers, and the ten percent bonus feature for rewards deposited in an eligible Ally Bank account is consistent with our philosophy to help them maximize their savings opportunities."
GLENBROOK PAYMENTS EDUCATION EVENTS
Our next Glenbrook payments education events are coming this fall - in Palo Alto, CA and New York City - we hope to see you there!
- Payments Boot Camp - Palo Alto - October 11-12
- Insight Workshop - Palo Alto - Data in Payments - October 13
Bring your colleagues along! Group discounts are available. For more information or to learn about our private workshops conducted at your location, contact Glenbrook's Russ Jones.
UPDATES FROM GLENBROOK
- We're hiring! Passionate about payments? Love solving tough client problems? If that describes you, come join us! Click here to learn more!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!