On the Web
- MasterCard, CIBC and New York Life Join DCG Funding Round - CoinDesk - "Payments giant MasterCard has been named as one of 11 investors in Digital Currency Group's (DCG) new funding round."
- Razorpay on a mission to simplify online payments in India - Entrepreneur India - “We are building the next generation payments infrastructure which will accelerate the future e-commerce growth in India. Our patented technology will greatly help in achieving higher transaction success rates and faster checkout time especially on mobile devices while making payment gateway integration as easy as embedding a few lines of code."
- JPMorgan Chase Is Crushing It in Payments - Motley Fool - "The payments industry is changing rapidly, and, at least for now, it appears JPMorgan has a huge leg up on the competition."
On the Wires
- PayPal Reports Strong Third Quarter Results - “PayPal is entirely focused on digital payments and transforming money for people around the world. This clear focus and our strong value proposition allowed us to deliver strong financial results in the third quarter,” said Dan Schulman, President and CEO of PayPal. “We are operating in a time when change is sweeping through the financial services industry driven by the rise of mobile technology and the acceleration of money becoming digital. These two massive trends play directly to our strengths and we are leveraging this transformation to extend and accelerate our lead.”
- American Express Will Bring Apple Pay to Card Members in Key Global Markets - "Apple Pay is expected to be available for Card Members in Canada and Australia this year and in Spain, Singapore and Hong Kong in 2016. With Apple Pay, Card Members in these countries will have the ability to seamlessly add their eligible consumer, small business and corporate American Express® Cards(i) and pay with iPhone or Apple Watch in stores where contactless payments and American Express are accepted."
- Chase and P97 Enable Mobile Payments for Retail Fuel and Convenient Stores"“With the combination of P97’s PetroZone® mobile commerce platform and Chase Pay we are thrilled to deliver more payment options to consumers at the pump,” said Donald Frieden, President and CEO of P97. “We are confident this combined solution will deliver an innovative mobile payment experience for the retail fuels market customer.”
- UberRUSH Joins First Data’s Clover® App Market to Simplify On-Demand Delivery Service for Small Businesses"With just a click business owners can set pick-ups and track deliveries directly from their Clover device. In minutes, an UberRUSH delivery partner will pick up the purchased goods from the business and deliver them directly to the customer."
- Wells Fargo Eliminates Foreign Transaction Fees for Small Business Credit Cards, Lines of Credit - "In a move that will help reduce expenses for U.S. small businesses that are doing business internationally, Wells Fargo today announced it has removed its foreign transaction fees on all business credit card and business line of credit access card transactions made outside the U.S. effective October 1. With this change, Wells Fargo is the only major U.S. bank that today does not charge a foreign transaction fee on all of its small business credit cards."
- Synchronoss Forms New Venture to Develop Advanced Secure Mobility Solutions Leveraging Technology Contributed by Goldman Sachs - “While some companies have addressed the security of mobile devices at a basic data-loss-prevention level, the biggest challenge facing enterprises is enabling individuals to have a more productive mobile experience at a lower level of risk,” said Dave Schuette, Executive Vice President and President of Synchronoss’ newly created Enterprise Business Unit. “Synchronoss, building off of the technology developed by Goldman Sachs, is extending deeper into the enterprise to bridge this gap and solve the inherent complexity of mobile security by providing a comprehensive mobile framework.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education
- Our next Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for Palo Alto, California on December 1-2 followed by a one-day Insight Workshop on December 3 on the topic of Digita Payments. Registration for both sessions is open and available now.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Russ Jones for more information.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews
Note: Headline News is compiled by Glenbrook Partners. Throughout the day, as we spot interesting developments, this post is updated. Do you have news to share? Tell us here: email@example.com!