On the Web:
- Most People Are Only Thinking About Compliance - Bitcoin Foundation Blog (Jim Harper) - "Without prevention of real-world harms to target, banks will manage a different risk, which is the risk of regulatory action. The incentives to “de-risk” entire business lines, including digital currency, will remain strong. Risk aversion in financial services was the top threat to Bitcoin’s success identified in the study we released earlier this year."
- United Airlines deploys iPads for airport purchases funded by miles - Mobile Commerce Daily - "In total, nearly 6,000 iPads will be stationed around the New Jersey airport’s Terminal C in a bid to elevate the airport experience with sophisticated technology, dining and design."
On the Wires:
- Discover Makes Getting Cash Rewards Easier - "Discover now makes it easier than ever for cardmembers to get their CashBack Bonus® whenever they want at any amount. In addition, CashBack Bonus rewards will never expire."
- Western Union Enhances Direct-to-Bank Service to India - "Western Union has successfully linked its retail agent network and digital transactional sites in select countries to move money in minutes to account holders of select banks via India’s revolutionary Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)."
- Bank of America/USA TODAY Release First Better Money Habits Millennial Report - “Many young adults have great confidence in their financial situations, but we can’t ignore the fact that so many are living day to day, not able to prepare for their financial future,” said Andrew Plepler, Global Corporate Social Responsibility executive, Bank of America.
- Elan Financial Services Becomes One of First EFT Processors to Certify Automatic Biller Updater with MasterCard - "Using the MasterCard ABU helps our debit MasterCard issuers to maintain service continuity, which may mean greater cardholder satisfaction and loyalty, while locking in revenue streams due to lower customer service demand and improved operating efficiencies,” said Troy Cullen, President of Elan Financial Services.
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews