On the Web:
- Four Types of Bitcoin Users on Coinbase - Coinable Blog - "We have seen several different types of bitcoin users emerge over the past few years, with many more likely on the horizon."
- The five stages of bitcoin understanding - Fortune - “We are still a good year away, in our estimation, from seeing the first production-ready instruments where you can imagine a known financial services company using this. But it’s not 10 years."
On the Wires:
- Apple Pay is Now Available at Jamba Juice Stores - “We are pleased to integrate Apple Pay as an option for consumers seeking an easy and secure service through which to complete their transactions,” said Julie S. Washington, Jamba Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer. “We believe Apple Pay will help improve the speed-of-service for today’s on-the-go consumer.” Jamba is integrating Apple Pay in approximately 650 stores nationwide.
- Global Payments and Discover Financial Services Announce Streamlined Card Acceptance on the Discover Global Network in Canada - “The launch of our full acquiring program for Discover is the latest example of our commitment to providing Canadian merchants with robust and innovative product and service offerings,” said René Bélanger, President of Global Payments Canada. “This program brings additional value to our merchant customers by enhancing payment acceptance options and providing them a single source for payment processing, settlement, underwriting, risk management, support and reporting.”
- VISA ReadyLink Users Can Now Add Funds to Their Cards at Walmart - "The integration of Visa ReadyLink with Walmart's Rapid Reload delivers on InComm's vision to expand the swipe reload technology and streamline the customer experience at the register, simplify the sales process for employees and increase retail foot traffic," saidJeff Lewis, Vice President and General Manager, Financial Services, InComm.
- Calling All Entrepreneurs: Bring Your Big Idea to MasterCard’s Priceless Elevator Pitch - "Representatives from some of the top venture capital firms in the country will serve as judges for the competition. At the end of each day, they’ll award three finalists with a $250 MasterCard prepaid card. On the final day, Jay Singer, senior vice president, North America commercial products at MasterCard, will join the judging panel and one of the nine finalists will be named the winner of the $15,000 grand prize."
- Intuit and Bigcommerce Partner to Simplify Financial Business Operations for Online Retailers - “Both Intuit and Bigcommerce develop technology that makes our clients’ lives easier, and this partnership will help Bigcommerce merchants simplify accounting with the help of QuickBooks Online,” said Avi Golan, vice president and general manager of the Intuit Developer Group. “Merchants taking advantage of this integration will save time once spent on accounting, and will be able to keep their focus on running their business.”
- Intuit Partners with Shopify to Automate Bookkeeping for Online Retailers - “Delivering a seamless integration between QuickBooks Online and Shopify makes it easy for businesses to automatically reconcile sales data,” said Avi Golan, vice president and general manager of the Intuit Developer Group. “This is the latest example of how we’ve turned QuickBooks Online into the world’s leading small business cloud platform, delivering an ecosystem of integrated tools and services."
- Fifth Third Bank Adopts Dave Ramsey's New SmartDollar Financial Wellness Program - Sheri Kehren, vice president and program manager of financial workplace wellness at Fifth Third Bank, said, "We continue to see employers augment their retirement education efforts and overall corporate wellness programs with a component of financial education. We were very excited when the Bank announced that the new SmartDollar program would be part of their improved Total Rewards program for 2015.”
Glenbrook's 2015 Payments Education Update!
- Our payments education schedule for 2015 is now available. Our next spring Payments Boot Camp session is scheduled for New York City on April 14-15. We're also holding a one-day Insight Workshop on April 16 following the New York Boot Camp on the topic of Faster Payments.
- If you have questions about our payments education program, please contact Carol Coye Benson for more information.
- Click here to share PaymentsNews with a friend
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews