On the Web:
- Banks Heap Suits on Target Over Breach - Wall St. Journal - Risk & Compliance Journal - "A growing number of small banks are suing Target Corp. for their losses after hackers stole 40 million customer card numbers from the retailer."
- Introducing the New PayPal.com - PayPal Forward Blog - "With that in mind, we've redesigned the site to clearly and definitively reflect who we want to be to you, and demonstrate that we're delivering innovative experiences our customers love."
- When Identity Theft Hits Home - New York Times Bits Blog - "I, for one, hope this is a tipping point in retail security. In the meantime, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some mopping up to do."
- Target Breach Began With Contractor's Electronic Billing Link - Wall St. Journal - "The hackers that carried out the massive data breach at Target Corp. appear to have gained access via a refrigeration contractor in Pittsburgh..."
- Google Wallet adds geolocated loyalty to iOS, combats Passbook - Mobile Commerce Daily - "Google Wallet has added geolocated push alerts to its Apple version to let iOS users access nearby loyalty deals..."
- Why bitcoin won’t disrupt digital transactions - Reuters (Felix Salmon) - "Because it’s up against formidable incumbents, in the form of both huge corporations and entrenched government interests. My bet is on Goliath, not David."
- Ben Horowitz’s Bitcoin Bet - TechCrunch - "The world needs bitcoin, just not in its current form."
- Bitcoin plummets 20% after major exchange halts withdrawals - CNBC - "Virtual currency bitcoin lost nearly twenty percent of its value on Thursday evening, after major exchange Mt Gox halted withdrawals..."
- Apple-Bitcoin Rift Has Currency’s Fans Ditching IPhones - Bloomberg - "The ouster of Blockchain is causing a backlash, and some are going to extreme measures to show their displeasure."
- Bitcoin: Three scenarios forecast the future of money - New Scientist - "The rise of Bitcoin has brought with it a dream of an autonomous digital economy, free from corrupt banks and Big Brother governments."
On the Wires:
- Coming Soon!
Updates from Glenbrook:
- Upcoming Glenbrook Payments Boot Camps: March 18-19 in New York City and May 6-7 in Palo Alto, CA.
- Feedback: How are we doing for you? I'd love to hear from you - drop me a quick note: email@example.com or leave me a voicemail: +1.650.469.3421.
- Please forward press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need consulting help from Glenbrook for one of your payments projects? Let us know your needs here - and we'll get right back to you!
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews