On the Web:
- Apple Pay and the Mobile Wallet Tipping Point: It Will Come Down to the Retail Experience - GigaOm - "How much Apple Pay will hasten consumers’ decision to pick up mobile payment versus swipe a card will be interesting to watch."
- Flint scores $9.4 million to help more small business stay brick-and-mortarless - VentureBeat - "Founded in the spring of 2011, the company offers an iOS or Android app that can accept credit cards without a card reader. Credit card numbers are scanned, and additional card verification info is entered manually."
- Europe’s Sign2Pay Launches To Simplify Mobile Debit Payments And Oil The Wheels Of M-Commerce - TechCrunch - “The problem with mobile commerce is that nobody’s converting,” he adds. “The conversion rate on smartphone is 60% lower than on desktop."
On the Wires:
- Mozido Receives $185 Million in Series B Funding from MasterCard, Wellington Management Company, H.R.H. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan & Tiger Management - “Mozido’s strength in building versatile mobile financial and retail solutions that can be used around the globe and across borders makes them a perfect partner for MasterCard’s prepaid card, payment and security services.”
- Synthetic Identity Fraud Rate Increases More Than 100 Percent Over Three Years - "Synthetic identity fraud occurs when a fraudster fabricates a new and false identity that is not associated with a real person. The absence of a victim may enable synthetic fraud to remain undetected for months."
- BitFury Group Selects GoCoin to Enable Processing of Digital Currencies - “Payment processing is a critical element in stimulating the Bitcoin economy," said Marat Kichikov, managing partner of BitFury Capital. “We are committed to supporting further acceptance and to enabling further adoption of cryptocurrencies."
Updates from Glenbrook:
- The next session of Glenbrook's Payments Boot Camp will be held Dec 9-10 in Palo Alto, CA. Join us!
- Glenbrook's Bitcoin: Basics and Beyond Workshop will be held Nov 19 in New York City
- Money20/20 as become the go-to event in payments... we'll be there in force. The agenda is now available and the event is 90% sold out - if you've been waiting, it's time to register! Use this promo code to register and receive a 20% discount: "GLENBR20"
- Join our mailing list for updates about Glenbrook events. Follow us on Twitter: @paymentsnews and @paymentsviews